Rin and Hotarou VS "Serial Killer"

Chapter 9: Rin and Hotarou VS "Serial Killer"
-------

"Wait!" Rin stopped when I was about to leave. "Buy some eggs for me! I forgot to buy some just now." He handed me a few coins and a slip of paper.
"Eggs? What for?"
"For the side dishes for tomorrow."
"...i don't know how eggs are used for side dishes though."
Rin smiled. "Well, I am good at cooking after all."

I looked at the slip of paper.
"DaEggs? What kind of egg brand is this? Can I just randomly buy one egg and come back?"
"No no no, it must be their egg; the texture, size and most importantly, the fragrance, are just perfect!"
I scratched my head. "Fragrance? I understand texture and size but fragrance???"
Rin smiled again, this time wider than the one before. "I am good at cooking after all!"

"Okay okay, you don't need to repeat that part. And sorry, I have an interview for another job so I can't help you. Besides, I have never seen nor heard of that brand before so I think it's better for you to tag along."

Rin thought for a while before answering, "Hmm...okay. I have nothing to do in the dormitory anyway."

"So you heard him, Yukio."

Yukio sighed. "Just...don't draw 'that'."

Rin nodded and we both left.

"What direction are you going?"
"To the convenience store."
"You are going to work there?"
"Yeah, it's my only option."
"Then you should have just helped me buy some."
"Stop being lazy and do it yourself."
Rin covered his mouth and try to muffle his laugh before saying, "says the guy who is as lazy as me."

Yeah, that dealt critical damage on me.

"A-Anyway, we are almost there," I said as I try to steer that conversation away. "You do your stuff, I do my stuff."

At that moment, we heard a scream: a loud piercing one. Probably a woman.

"You heard that?" I said to confirm my sanity.

"Yeah...it seems like it's coming from that direction." Said Rin.

Wait, that direction...

"That direction...the convenience store!"

Both of us took hauls to the store and the first thing we see was some blood on the broken window and a blood trail leading to the forest behind.

"Rin, you check the forest, I will check the convenience store."

"Okay."

I stepped into the store through the broken window and found someone, which I assume is the owner of this store, collapsed on the floor.
I immediately ran up to him and helped him up.
"Hey! Are you okay? What happened?"

The owner used the counter nearby as support and tried looking up before finally pointing towards the broken window.
"S-Shadow...my daughter." He said with his last breath before collapsing.

"Hey! Hey! Damn it! I will just call the police and ambulance first then."

"We have dispatched our officers, please stay put. We will be there soon."
"Alright thank you!"
I don't have a phone; my phone disappeared ever since i enter this world so I was using the phone on the register counter but that's not important.