Poison

Chapter 14: Poison

Damn it.
Looking around, there is no sign of any presence hidden in the trees, bush, anywhere. Where exactly did she go?
Or more likely, what happened?
There are no signs of abduction anywhere. The grass is untouched, the trees are unscratched...

I gulp my saliva.

There are only two possibilities:
First is that the person just now who committed suicide is pretending to be Yuna and attacked me when I'm not on guard using some sort of ancient technique or skill.

The second is that there is someone who is powerful enough to kidnap Yuna without leaving single evidence behind.

But I think it is most likely the second one, the person who attacked me is a disposal member of the Shadow Gehl and he is trying to distract me...that's the only explanation.

What should I do? if I just go back, I will become a suspect, that will be troublesome because once you become a suspect, you have to watch everything you say. One small word can change the entire view on you...

Nevermind, I will just return to the camp in the meantime. No point dwelling on it.

When walking back, I have this constant feeling of someone watching me but there is no presence within a radius of 500 km aside from those at the camp. Or wait...is the culprit at the camp?
For now, I guess I will go with this possibility of the culprit being in the camp.

*shuffle* *shuffle*

Hearing the sound of the bushes shuffling, Rin looks at me and runs to me. "Hotarou! Where have you gone? All of us are looking for you!"
"Oh...uh...i was getting some fresh air."
Rin becomes more confused when hearing my lame half-ass excuse and sigh. "Well, whatever." Says Rin. "Come on!"

I follow Rin's lead back to our group's spot and to my surprise, Yuna is there.

"What?!" I exclaimed. Yuna immediately hides behind Yomei when she notices that I'm glaring at her.
"Huh? What's wrong?!" Says Rin and Yomei?

...

"Nothing."

The night went on as usual and nothing was out of the ordinary. Throughout the rest of the events, I was secretly observing Yuna from a distance. She seems to be the same shy but cheerful girl when she is with Yomei. They really are the best of the best friends in the world.
The camp is three days 2 nights with the first night being as an "appetizer" and the second night being as the main course of excitement; there will be events like campfire dance which will be the perfect romantic moment for couples and the courage test, very popular as well among couples. What is this? A lover's training camp???

I sigh.

The size of this empty field is about the size of two soccer field and half of each soccer field is a huge "tent" that covers a huge area for our dining and toilets.
The other half of the field is for our own sleeping tent. Each tent is actually quite big but fitting four people...will be troublesome. I mean is boys sleeping with girls even allowed?

"Alright, everyone! It's time to get some rest. Remember, today is only the appetizer, we have something even bigger and exciting tomorrow so be sure to rest up!" Says Ms Kurito.

When we approach the tent, everyone was speechless.
Yomei and Yuna suddenly look at our direction and cover themselves.
"No...i am not sleeping with boys in such a cramp space!" Says another girl student.

The girls started complaining to Ms Kurito. I understand because nobody even bothers to check how big the tent is, I am the only one who does so.

"How about this!" I say. "Let's use the divider in each tent, you should be fine with that right?"

Ms Kurito becomes speechless by my suggestion and suddenly she shouts "YES! YES! YOU ARE A GENIUS, HOTAROU!"

...

"Alright everyone, I will go get some plastic dividers, I think there are still some in that box..."
She walks over to the box and shuffles through the box before exclaiming "AHA!"
holding a rolled-up plastic. "Here! Every pair have one and install this in the middle of your tent with...uh...tape?"

Aren't this school supposed to be rich? What is this?

After we set it up, all of us immediately succumbs to our fatigue and go straight to our dreamland. However, i...cannot sleep because my power also take cares of the fatigue and i barely become sleepy. Such a convenient yet scary power.

I do a silent sigh and unzip the tent before noticing that Yuna is gone as well!

...?

There are traces of dragging. Yomei and Rin are both drugged but by what?
The curry? No, it's not the curry then it is...

I remember now!

The lunch in the school canteen! Someone drugged their food know that they will be in the same pair. That person drugged my food too but my powers took care of it.
W

hen eating my curry, my power did not activate but when i am eating at the school canteen, it did activate! But i did not pay much attention to it and i only remember it now.

I touch both of their foreheads then to their neck.

It's quite cold at the forehead but their heart is still working, looks like it is a sleeping drug.

I'm...very confused...a...note?

I notice a small piece of rectangular paper protruding at the bottom of Yuna's bag.

It says:

Want her? Play a little game, if you win, i will tell you what is going on.

...not return huh...

This person knows about my power. That's why he or she left this note here knowing that i cannot be drugged. Smart.

I flip the paper and is surprised at what i see.

"Look behind." It says.

...

I gulp and slowly turn around.