Insanity

"That was an amazing performance!" Exclaimed Mephisto, clapping his hand.

"P-Performance?"

"Tch. Why are you interfering?" Said Rika.
She took another knife out from the hoodie and charge at Mephisto with the speed of a cheetah but Mephisto easily halted the knife with two fingers gripping on the blade.

For the first time, Rika showed a surprised expression.

"You are not a high-level demon since you can enter the academy. Then an assassin? What's your goal?"

"You don't need to know."

Mephisto smiled and said, "I wish I could have seen more but performance has its own line that cannot be crossed."

"You were watching?!??? Why didn't you help me?!" I said.

"Haha sorry about that. It was just too interesting to be a bystander."

Rika smirked."A performance huh...if it's a performance you want, it's a performance you get!"

She executed a kick and Mephisto dodged it with ease by stepping back.
She then took a bag out and throw it on the floor. Dust and sands exploded out, filling the air.

"An artificial smoke bomb..." I sighed.

Yep, the only one that can surprise me every time with new bizarre stuff is Rika.

Within the sands and dust, a blade came flying to my head but luckily, the blade missed. Just one more centimetre and my ears will be cut off.

I gulped. "T-That was close...very close."

The sands and dust cleared up and Rika was nowhere to be seen.

"Who was that?" Said Mephisto.
"My sister."
"Your sister's an assassin trying to assassinate her own brother?"
"I don't know about her being an assassin or assassinating me but I do know that she hates me a lot."
"Hmm...interesting. Anyway, I am going to chase her. She's dangerous after all."
"Huh? You know where she is?"

"Sort of..." Said Mephisto, pointing towards the marks on the wall.

"Anyway, after your interview, be sure to go straight back to the dormitory."
And he left.

"Oh shit! My interview! I forgot!"

I looked at the clock tower and found out that I'm 1 hour late.

"And where's the dormitory again?"

Chapter 6: Insanity

I yawned.

Yesterday was just terrible.
Like straight up terrible.

Not only was I rejected by the boss, but the boss also gave me the nickname "Tardy Defecate!" For being untidy with my uniform and one hour late.

That bastard, just because of my brown hair and eyes...he called me a defecate! What is he? Rika version 2.0? Tch.

Untidy uniform and late...that was Rika's fault

I shove my hands inside my pocket.
Luckily, an old couple was willing to lend me their storage or I would have to sleep on the streets already...Although it was very dusty but still better than not having a roof above my head.
That couple also helped me to wash my dirty uniform, I have to thank them next time. Although they charged me...

I shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever, guess I will just attend the cram school."

On the way there, I met Mr Delinquent and his two buddies.