In This Deep Darkness

Taekwoon sat alone in his room, letting the outside breeze blow inside through his window. He inferred from the cold air that the sun was setting, or maybe it already had. He didn't know, but he didn't mind as he let the wind blow into his face. Then he heard rustling outside, coming closer and closer to his window. He imagined a squirrel, smiling to himself, but the knock on his window told him he was wrong.

"Mind if I come in?" Hakyeon's voice met his ears and the smile came back.

"Come on in" Taekwoon invited, listening as the vampire entered his room.

"Where is your friend?" Hakyeon asked and Taekwoon felt his weight added to the bed.

"I know my way around my own room" He answered, "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you again" His voice was closer to Taekwoon now.

"How romantic" Taekwoon replied sarcastically, unphased by the sudden closeness.

"It is, I risked my life to come here" Hakyeon's hand found Taekwoon's shoulder.

"We've only known each other for a day and you've already fallen for me" Taekwoon scoffed and Hakyeon laughed.

Taekwoon knew he'd remember that laugh.

"I guess I'm just easy to please" Hakyeon replied and Taekwoon could feel the vampires breath on his neck.

"Did you not eat before coming?" Taekwoon asked and Hakyeon backed off.

"I didn't have time" Hakyeon sighed and Taekwoon held out his wrist.

"Here, just stop when I say so" Taekwoon offered and Hakyeon grabbed his wrist gently.

"Are you sure?" Hakyeon asked, rubbing Taekwoon's wrist.

"I trust you won't hurt me" Taekwoon insisted, shivering at the feeling of Hakyeon's tongue on his wrist.

Taekwoon held his breath as he waited for Hakyeon's fangs. He gasped when the fangs broke his skin, his breath faltering at the pain. A loud knock made Taekwoon's head turn, but Hakyeon didn't stop.

"Who is it?" Taekwoon managed.

"It's Wonshik, young master" He answered and Hakyeon stopped.

"Don't let him in yet, let me clean you up" Hakyeon whispered, his tongue going over the wound.

"Hold on" Taekwoon called as the pain faded from his wrist.

"All done" Hakyeon moved away from Taekwoon.

Taekwoon stood up and felt his way across the room to the door, opening the door for Wonshik.

"I just came to check up on you" Wonshik began, "What is he doing here?!"

"Vampires get lonely too" Hakyeon spoke and Taekwoon turned towards the sound.

"He was outside my window so I invited him in" Taekwoon explained and Wonshik grabbed Taekwoon's wrist.

"Did he feed on you?!" Wonshik asked, searching one wrist, then the other, "Why do you trust him so much?! What if someone comes in and you're lying dead in your own bed?!"

"I would never kill someone so beautiful" Hakyeon cut in.

"Don't come any closer! If you're hungry, I'll feed you, don't come for Taekwoon any more" Wonshik warned, pulling Taekwoon behind him.

"Wonshik, I think you're overreacting" Taekwoon tried to calm him down, but Wonshik's hand on his torso didn't move.

"Are you trying to scare me?" Hakyeon asked in a teasing tone.

"I-I'm just trying to d-do my job and protect Taekwoon" Wonshik's confidence was lost.

"How do you plan to stop me from visiting?" Hakyeon's voice inched closer to the pair.

"Wonshik, let me back in my room before someone sees us" Taekwoon pushed on Wonshik's back.

Wonshik complied, and Taekwoon heard the door quietly shut.

"I've missed you Wonshik, and how much you don't trust me" Hakyeon spoke, and Taekwoon turned towards the sound..

"I-If you're hungry, use me, not Taekwoon" Wonshik repeated himself nervously, and Taekwoon wondered what Hakyeon had done to make him sound like that.

"I already ate" Taekwoon could hear the smile.

"Why are you obsessed with us?" Taekwoon asked, feeling around to get an idea of where in his room he was.

Taekwoon's hand instead found another hand, the unfamiliar cold feeling telling him it was Hakyeon.

"The two of you are an odd pair, and, to be honest, I'm compelled by Taekwoon's beauty" Hakyeon spoke, planting a soft kiss to Taekwoon's hand.

"It seems like you just like the smell of Taekwoon's blood" Wonshik had gained back some of his confidence.

Hakyeon kept his hold on Taekwoon's hand, "If that was the case, I wouldn't have saved your lives that night"

Then, the three of them jumped at the sound of knocking at Taekwoon's window.

"So this is where you ran off to... You didn't even try to cover your tracks" An unfamiliar voice, or at least slightly unfamiliar, "May I come in?"

"Who are you?" Taekwoon asked, Hakyeon's grip on him tightening.

"We met briefly the night before, I'm Jaehwan" He answered.

"Why are you here?" Taekwoon could feel Hakyeon's anger.

"You weren't at breakfast or in your room, so I followed your scent to find you" Jaehwan explained briefly, "I am responsible for you, you know"

"To find me or threaten them?!" Hakyeon asked as Taekwoon felt Wonshik's hands on his shoulders.

"I covered your tracks, you should be thankful. If I hadn't, Hongbin could've found you instead" Jaehwan told him and Hakyeon let go of Taekwoon.

"He didn't follow you, right?" Hakyeon sounded worried.

"He was eating with Sanghyuk, they don't even realize I'm gone" Jaehwan kept his voice calm, "May I come in now?"

"You two don't sound very friendly" Taekwoon observed and Hakyeon sighed.

"Jaehwan acts differently depending on who he's around, I'm always wary of him away from home" Hakyeon explained, "Why do you even want in?"

"I'm taking you back home, before they realize you're gone" Jaehwan seemed to be telling the truth.

"Can't you just cover for me? You're already doing it, so why stop?" Hakyeon half begged.

Jaehwan sighed, "Please be careful Hakyeon.. I don't want to have to address the clan over something avoidable" There was a brief silence, "I'll be taking my leave, sorry for disturbing you"

"Thank you Jaehwan" Hakyeon mumbled, but the rustling sound told them the vampire was already gone.