CHAPTER 1:

"Babe, why are you so quiet?"

He's never quiet, you can hear the ringing that goes on in your ear when you are in a silent hollow room. you could hear a pin falling through the air and then hit the floor with the numbing silence being tossed around the room.

He's always talking about what happened at work or something in that sense. All he's doing right now is typing hard and ignoring me. Now the only thing I could hear was my heart thumping with the beat of him typing. Why?

"Babe," I tried again but no luck came floating my way, "DAMIAN!"

"What?" He asks under his breath starting to lose his focus on what he was typing up. I don't know what's wrong with him but it's not ok. He acted the same way when his grandmother died. It was if he lost his way of functioning.

"Babe, can you talk to me?" I asked closing my laptop and looking at him. He was sitting at this wide dining table across from me just writing on something. I was truly worried.

"What do you want Nadia!?" He yelled looking at me and it threw me off. Did he call me by my first name? He never called me that anymore. Not even when he's mad at me. He would usually call me by my middle name, but never my first name.

"Damian, you're scaring me," I whispered, not able to speak louder than what I already presented.

"Oh really I'm scaring you, why is that?!" He stood up and yelled. He had raged in his eyes, pure hate. Hopefully not for me. We've been married for over six years and I've never seen him like this. Never this angry, never this scary.

"Babe, tell me what's wrong?" I stood up too.

He moved a bunch of papers and put one sheet up to my face from across the table. I softly grab it and looked. Someone took out over a million dollars from his bank account. He looked at me and my mouth dropped.

"You think this was me?" I realized that he was accusing me. "Are you serious?!" I yelled, anger flow through me. He was mad all week and ignored me, yelled at me because he thinks I took a million dollars out of his bank account.

"Dead serious, who'd you give it to, your little boyfriend?" He accused me. How dare he say all this, how dare he not trust me.

"Who told you all this?!" I yelled, realizing he wasn't playing with me, he was seriously accusing me of stealing money from his account and giving it to some man.

"Here." He threw some other papers on the dining table. I looked at him as he looked at me and I grabbed the papers. Divorce form. A DIVORCE FORM! "Get out." He said sitting back down.

He continued writing. He just sat there like we didn't just have that long-winded conversation like he didn't just accuse me of two different felony's. He just sat there like he didn't just break my heart.

"Babe, I did not cheat on you." I felt a tear roll down my cheek, but I wiped it away before he could see. I didn't want him to see me break down like I already have.

If he doesn't believe me then that's his fault. If he believes the person who told him all this then he can. If he doesn't trust me enough to think I did that, then we weren't meant to be.

"Yes you did, get out of my house you old, beat up slut." When he said that I felt it in my bones. The pain, the ache, It felt like butterflies in my stomach and not the good kind of course. The tears I couldn't hold anymore fell and wouldn't stop. It was terrible, I didn't want to fight him anymore, I would be wasting my breath, he won't believe me.

Someone must hate us enough to do this, to tear us apart, to break us.

I go upstairs, grab all I need before breaking out into tears. I wiped and fold, wiped and fold as I was packing. It was a repetitive system that I felt would never end. Ever.

Down the steps, I lug the red suitcase I brought to his house when we first moved in from when I was in high school. I also only pack clothes I had and bought with my own money. He can keep the expensive clothes. I don't need them anymore. Especially if I'm gonna have this baby in me for seven more months.

I was gonna tell him next week, just to make sure it was serious. He's always busy and never has time to talk to me about stuff other than a family business, work business, and parties he's throwing for business. It just wasn't the same as before we got married.

I called my sister to come to pick me up, I didn't explain why because I was too choked up. I sat outside and waited for my sister. I knew he was watching me outside the window. I wanted him to, I wanted him to see what he was losing for a lie he didn't talk to me about. I just wanted him to see all those years of love, happiness, hope, and effort gone. They just disappear in the blink of an eye.

My sister pulls up and I put my suitcase in and close the door and sit in the passenger side seat. I looked at her and she looked at me. The tears were racing down my cheek as she hugged me.

"What happened?" She asked letting go of me, but I didn't let go, I couldn't let go. Not yet. "Honey, what did he do?"

"He wants a divorce Callie," I cried out, "He accused me of cheating and stealing money from him."

She looked at the house and back at me. She was confused. Way confused. "Well did you?"

"No Callie, why would I do that?" I yelled at her.

She looked furious. "I'm gonna show that no good son o-" I stopped her before she opened the door.

"It'll only make it worse," I said wiping the tears.

"Does he at least know about the baby?" She questioned. She took her jacket off and put it around me. It was the middle of fall and freezing outside.

"No, dang it, I forgot the divorce papers," I sniffed, "I already signed it and the court date is scheduled for next Monday."

"In four days, what the heck!" She yelled.

"I just wanted the best for this baby and all it's gonna have is a terrible mommy who couldn't keep daddy." I cried harder not realizing we were still in the driveway.

"No, this child will have a mom who loves it and gives it the best out of everything she has." I smiled and she started the car, as I looked at the house one last time, I got a few words of wisdom from my sister.

"You will get through this, we will get through this." She drove off and smiled at me.

****************

Like! Comment! Follow!!!