07

Later that day, after his classes were finished for the day, Minho arrived at his apartment. He mindlessly kicked off his shoes and threw his backpack in a random corner before he ventured into the living area, shutting the door that separated it from the hallway a little too harshly.

The sudden sound woke up one of his cats and feeling a little guilty for waking his precious pet, Minho watched how Soonie got up and stretched its body before waddling over to its owner.

"Soonie-ah," the boy cooed, smiling softly as he picked the cat up from the floor and hugged it against his chest carefully.

He carried his cat to the sofa, where he sat down gently. The animal places its paws on Minho's shoulder, purring contently with the attention it was receiving.

Sighing, the boy rested his head back, the boredom that came with school slowly gliding off him. It was quiet in his apartment, only the soft purring of his cat and the clock on the wall providing Minho's surroundings of any sound. He liked it that way, though. It brought him the opportunity to clear his mind.

Hyunjin wasn't home yet, while his classes were over before Minho's. He had no idea where his housemate went but his absence really worked in his advantage, only giving Minho his much-needed alone time.

Or so he thought.

It only took him a minute to realize that his usual trick wasn't working today. The ticking of the clock bothered him, forming a monotone mantra in his head while he usually was pretty good at blocking out unwanted sounds, pretending as if they weren't there.

From there on, it only got worse. The boy closed his eyes, pushing up his hair a little as he tried his best to not focus on the sound. But it was to no avail, and the distraction only left him vulnerable for countless thoughts to assault his mind with no mercy.

Minho groaned lightly, the soft thrumming he felt in his temples growing in intensity as the minutes passed by. It was definitely an upcoming headache but the boy had neither the motivation nor the energy to grab a strip of painkillers from the bathroom cabinet.

Ever since the end of today's lunch break, when Minho and Jisung had awkwardly said goodbye and parted ways, Minho had been totally out of it. All his attempts to focus on the lectures proved to be futile and the fact that Felix –who took the role as Minho's seatmate in their shared classes– was curious about his encounter with his adoptive brother wasn't helping as well.

Especially since Minho had no idea how it went. He had no expectations when his feet naturally dragged him towards the boy so everything that followed on their awkward first greeting was given.

Still, the chestnut-haired boy allowed his mind to repeat the event over and over, knowing fully well he wouldn't be able to stop his train of thoughts anyway.

It wasn't long before a headache had fully settled behind the boy's temples but he ignored it, stroking the –now sleeping– cat he had cuddled against his chest. He desperately wanted to find peace in his mind again, but he was at a loss for ways of how to get to that point.

He mentally cursed Han Jisung, fully aware of how unfair it was because the boy didn't do anything.

But he still cursed him, for messing with Minho's usually so perfectly ordered mind. He had no idea how the younger accomplished that already, after seeing him twice and awkwardly exchanging a few words just once.

Was it really the look in his eyes that did the job? Or were Felix words or the boy's distant demeanor that intrigued Minho that much?

He really had no idea and it frustrated him to no end.