Part 56: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓔𝓷𝓭?

"Things will never be the same

"Things will never be the same."
~*~
Word Count: 1094

"We've kept our identities pretty guarded for me, over these past couple years and for her, through her whole life.  We've both faced a lot of deception and we're tired of the lies."  Peter said from his chair next to mine.  He sat backwards, with his arms on the back of the chair and I sat forward with my legs and arms crossed.

"So..." I started and looked to Peter who gave me a confirming nod.  "We've decided that's it's time for the truth to be out there."

"Are you dating?"  We said in unison, Peter looking to May and me looking to Happy.

"Not really."  May said at the same time that Happy said,

"Yes."

May turned to look at him.  "What?"

"I... think..."  Peter and I looked between them confusedly.

"Summer fling?"  May asked and Happy nodded.

"Yes, that grows and evolves like..."  he trailed off.

"I still don't know where it's going to go."  May whispered and Peter and I looked at each other with shared looks of confusion.

"...opens wherever it might lead."  Happy trailed back.

"Anywhere."

"And to share with people..."

"But we'll always be friends no matter what."  May told us assuringly and I raised my eyebrows.

They kept talking, but I showed Peter the time and he nodded.  "We're gonna go... cause we have a date... uh..."  I told them sluggishly, but they continued. 

"We all are interconnected..."

"Bye!"  Peter finally said and we got up and went to the nearest window which had a fire escape outside.  I crawled out first and Peter followed.  I turned to a now masked Peter and gave him a quick kiss on his masked lips before pulling away, smiling. 

"Catch me."  I told him, an eyebrow cocked.  I suddenly turned around and leaped off the fire escape.  I felt adrenaline course through me as I fell down to the road, but I felt myself be tugged back up by a web and then felt myself be swung up so Peter could hold me in his arms and I curled my legs around his waist. 

~*~

I squealed and laughed as we swung through the air and around buildings.  The feeling was exhilarating!  To be so high in the air and have your life be in the hands of the person you trust the most.