Part 29: 𝓣𝓻𝓪𝓾𝓶𝓪

"Please stay

"Please stay..."
~*~
Word Count: 2092

I just sat in the hospital staring at my shaking hands, trying to grasp what just happened.

"WAIT!"  I screamed, only a few metres away from my father.

My breath caught in my throat and I suddenly couldn't breathe.

I swallowed thickly and clutched the gauntlet as I fired at them, but I quickly ran out of nanobots used to make arrows. "Backup! I need backup!"

Gold wisps weaved around my fingers, gradually speeding up as my condition deteriorated.

I through the alien legs that surrounded me and caught sight of Peter with the gauntlet and being under a similar situation as me only with many more.  "PETER!"

I squeezed my eyes shut and tears trickled down my face, but the traumatising images only continued replaying.

Tony.

Dad.

Peter.

Thanos.

Backup.

Snap.

Someone, help me.

My eyes popped open when I felt two hands hold mine. I saw Wanda kneeling in front of my stretcher on the chaotic hospital floor with a empathetic look on her face. "You were thinking so loudly..." she explained and I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out, just a pathetic whimper.

Wanda stood up and sat next to me on the stretcher and held my head to her shoulder, shushing me gently while also brushing my knotted hair.

"I know exactly how you feel right now..." Wanda said quietly. "Your stomach's all clenched, and your head feels like it'll never stop pounding, and your heart... feels like it's just gone. It's the scariest feeling in the whole entire world, and you feel like it's never, ever gonna go away." She continued brushing my hair and holding my shaking hands, while using her powers to steady my own and I sobbed against her shoulder, the sickening pain in my stomach threatening to never leave. "And in a way, it wouldn't feel right if it did.

"But I promise you that Tony doesn't want you to feel this way... If he were here right now, he'd run right up to you and give you the biggest, warmest hug, and he'd tell you that he loves you, tell you it's okay for you to try and be happy again." She sat me up so she could wipe away my tears and see me clearly. "He'd want you to look around at all these people who love you and who are here for you and who want to help you through this."