Part 39: 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮𝓭

"I trust you!"~*~Word Count: 1337

"I trust you!"
~*~
Word Count: 1337

3 months later...

Peter and I were walking out of school, talking about the latest Calculus test and how hard it was. Suddenly, with a loud screech, a black car with tinted windows pulled up to the curb and Peter and I froze. The window rolled down, revealing a panicked Happy. "Peter, Kathleen, get in now!" My eyebrows pinched together in concern and I felt Peter grab my hand and pull me to the car. I threw my stuff and Peter's in the boot of the car. We both sat in the back seat of the car and as soon as the car door closed, Happy drove off.

"Happy, what's going on?!" I exclaimed, buckling my seatbelt.

"I'm taking you kids to the Triskelion. There, you both will board a helicarrier and stay in the air until the emergency resolves itself." Happy explained, speeding down the streets.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Peter leaned forward. "The Triskelion?! As in SHIELD headquarters?! That Triskelion?!"

"Yeah, Peter, catch up!" Happy snapped, but we both knew it was because of the pressure that was on him.

"Wait, Happy, what's the emergency?" I asked.

"A prisoner escaped from the prison. Just one: Maeve Strucker." His words caused my heart to drop and begin racing. I heard Peter and Happy continue talking, but then my head shot up. "Happy..." I said cautiously.

"What is it, kid?"

I grabbed Peter's seatbelt buckle with one hand and mine with the other. "What day do we celebrate my birthday?" I asked. Happy squinted his eyes and looked at me in the rear-view mirror. "Peter, when I say, unbuckle your seatbelt and jump out of the car." I told Peter, telepathically. He looked at me with a worried look on his face.

"Easy, your birthday: August 31st." He replied and my eyes widened.

"Peter, now!" I unbuckled my seatbelt and gold blasts shot out my arms as I blew off the car doors. Peter and I jumped out the car and suddenly, everyone slammed on their brakes. I saw Peter a couple metres away and I ran to him, grabbed his hand and we ran out of the street. Peter looked back and saw that the man who got out of the car was definitely not Happy. His eyes widened again and his jaw dropped as we ran down an alleyway.

"How did you know?" He asked.

"He wasn't acting like himself! Happy is always calm in chaotic situations. Plus, you know I never celebrate my actual birthday." I explained and we reached a fire escape and climbed up.  As I climbed, I saw five guys dressed in all black coming down the alley.  I didn't know who they were, I guess Hydra, but I didn't want to find out.

"Right, you celebrate the day Tony adopted you. But Maeve wouldn't know that!"

"Exactly!" We continued climbing until we got to the roof. We ran across the roof and jumped off the roof to the building next to it. Peter stuck to the brick wall and climbed up while I flew up. We continued sprinting across rooftops until we saw a Stark Industries helicopter above us. I felt my phone ringing and answered through my earpiece. "Who is this?"