Part 14: 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪 𝓕𝓲𝓮𝓵𝓭 𝓣𝓻𝓲𝓹

"He's from space, he came to take a necklace from a wizard

"He's from space, he came to take a necklace from a wizard."
~*~
Word count: 1181

7 months later...

"Happy, it's just a field trip! I'll be fine!" I told him as he drove me to the subway station.

"Remember the last time you went on a field trip and you almost died in the Washington Monument?"

"We don't have any strange bombs we discovered in the middle of a field this time! We will be fine! I'll be fine!" Happy sighed as he parked.

"Okay. Just... be smart."

"I will. Thanks for the ride, Hap!" I called, jumping out of the car.

I got to school about twenty minutes after that, and it wasn't long after that before Peter, Ned, and I along with the rest of our grade were being boarded onto buses and headed back to New York City from Queens. I sat behind Peter and Peter sat behind Ned. I talked to Peter a bit before he said he was tired and was gonna take a nap. I said okay and leaned my head against the window, watching as buildings flew by. Then, I closed my eyes in an effort to possibly take a nap.

About ten minutes later, my eyes popped open at my telepathy filled with fear, pain, praying, and screaming. I winced and looked out the window. There was a giant alien ship flying over downtown NYC.
I guess this won't just be a field trip.
I saw Peter's head turn soon after mine and then he turned around to me.
"Did you bring it?" He asked.

"Yeah, did you?" He unzipped his bag to show the answer: yes. Peter turned back around and patted Ned's shoulder.

"Ned, Ned, hey. We need a distraction." Ned looked from Peter to the window.

"HOLY SH--! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!" He screamed. Everyone else screamed and looked at the ship too.

"What are you guys freaking out about? You never seen a spaceship before?" The bus driver scoffed. During the chaos, I placed the nanotech circle on my chest and it immediately clung to me, but did not release the suit. Peter put the mask over his head, grabbed his bag, and opened his window.

"You ready?"

"We've jumped off a crashing plane onto a beach before, how can jumping off a moving bus, off of a bridge and praying you don't fall in the river be any different?" I joked.

"I'll take that as a yes." He said as he crawled out the window. I followed him and then we were outside the bus. "Race you to the ship?"