Episode 9: Hallowed Jewel of Mercury

Authors Note: This is bringing the incredible Martechi's Godwana sector into the Lovehammer Universe

SPATHIA ALPHA EP 9:Hallowed Jewel of Mercury

Godwana Sector

Cambrian System

Senshi Mercury was awed by the vast thing that loomed on the viewscreen. Magnified even it was distant from the Iron Warriors and First Swords expeditionary fleet. The ancients had done well in the construction of this great structure. The Warsmith at her side was young and overeager to please the wife of his liege Lord.

"Prepare squads for landfall...." He said to his aides. Senshi Mercury was quite impressed.

"Run a scan of that thing, I want to see what Is on the surface." The land was large in one of the sections as the fleet approached the ring passing over the edge they came to see the beauty of the surface. Tekhene was impressed, commanding her own expeditionary fleet had been deemed a good thing. Though she missed her husband dearly.

The place was a ring world, unlike any that had been seen, sprawling and massive. Gravity was a concern even though the place was broken in several places. The sheer mass of the place kept the pieces from falling into the void.

"Multiple systems must have been stripped to nothingness to make this." Said the Warsmith, he stood in power armor and a cape at Tekhenes side as she looked through the large armored viewports and called up sensor data on her command lectern. Awed at this construct of ancient humanity, arguably as grand as anything that could be built by the Aeldari. Whos craft worlds were running from the Imperial Fleet. The First Swords and Iron Warriors had heard reports of a particularly big one that had menanced several human worlds. And this would be a perfect place to hide.

"Establish an orbit and commence a survey." Tekhene said looking at the hololith readouts about the place. The sector was full of many worlds. But this place was different as the place was home to planet-sized areas and these were rather large.

"Larger than planets." The Officer who was manning the augur arrays of the flagship was looking at the things. The Iron warriors battleship was looking at the inner surface which showed oceans and islands and the more intensive scan came back revealing that there were islands on one part of the massive ring world. Tekehene pulled records from the Imperial Palace Archives which showed that there was a high possibility of archeotech on this ring. Such things were built as centerpieces of the ancient human empire. Then again that data was rather patchy it had indicated that the Ringworlds were central to the governance of some areas.

"I want to get down there."

The arrival of the Iron Warriors under lady Tekhene would herald the arrival of the Imperium. As the fleet orbited over the vast ring and set out the first of the landing bases in a area where there were no life signs the report came from orbit.

"Lady Tekehene we have contacts. Looks like human ships."

The Senshi of Mercury gave orders for the Iron Warriors to dispatch a pair of flotillas, far from the main fleet. Allanors altruism had seen the IV consolidate with his own First Swords taking command of several garrisons, using their status as a legion walking with the Emperor as something to command respect and allowing them to move back in with the Legion. Tekhene ducked into the prefab shelter, the Iron warriors techmarines and tech adepts worked with servitors to make the fortress needed to facilitate the compliance of the Ringworld.

The ships to the young warsmith standing with his officers at the hololith was eager. First contact with ancient archeotech would surely please Father as he was seeking to bring Eldar to battle. The wretched beings had Serenity's pity. He had seen her once, with Lord Allanor as the Iron Warriors had been summoned to one of the numerous basing worlds. Asked to Muster and join the crusade properly. No more would they be solely responsible for the protection of isolated backwaters. Though supplies required Astartes presence to ensure that the Departmento Munitorium kept things going it was good to be at the van rather then in the back.

"Report captian." The Captian on the hololith was a mortal who was rather excited.

"Sire no hostile action has been taken."

The giant nodded and looked at the readout of the situation. They had some time before contact and as the ships slowed they were ancient patterns from the STC like those who were used by the Imperium.

"Alert Lady Tekhene." He said to the Comms Officer. The woman nodded. And did so. The Red Queen of Port All had sent emissaries, she had governed the sector nominally as the protector and the City world of Tarantor would be interested in getting in touch. But the current situation was securing the ring. And the Ruby Fleet was willing to help.