Episode 3: On Terra

The Protector broke from the Warp into the Sol System, father had summoned him for a meeting with someone. Allanor had campaigns ongoing so the detachment of escorts that surrounded the Glorianna class behemoth was smaller than the full might of the 411th expeditionary fleet which was in the Galactic West waging war against the various petty tyrants and xenos that filled the area. Allanor did not care about the situation that was going on there. Now it was the call back to Terra that was interesting him as he looked at the world of Terra below. Serenity had summoned him. He remembered her message.

There's a brother that we've found, father and I and I want you to meet him. I think that you two will work well together, the 12th Expedition is his.

So they had found the XIII Primarch, the one who according to the initial reports was in the far east. The Nomarch looked at the world below as the Protector under the capable hand of the Astartes officer Cajus Tuleran the commanding officer of the 411th Expeditionary fleet ships. Imperial Palace Orbital was the docking place for the Emperors flagship and the various other things. There were space ports that were on the surface primarily for shuttles, but bulk lifters were going in and out, the need for the supply of the homeworld even with the Crusade was evident.

"Affirmative, coming in for docking now." Tularan had the command and even with a mortal shipmaster, Alian DeKazan the man was brilliant and Allanor had promoted him for his skill in hunting down an Ork nomad fleet that had preyed on various sectors. Tularan had with his Primarchs approval taken a detachment of Astartes and laid an Ambush for the beasts. The might of the Legion had taken out a major threat and the Primarch put in an appearance to sign the treaty of unity with a amalgam of worlds.

Now he was here at Terra once again and he saw he was not the only Glorianna class present. About two slips down in the star fortress. There was another ship.

"Shipmaster DeKazan."

"Yes My Lord?"

"Who's down that way." They stood on the command bridge as the city sized ship came in for docking, clamps reaching out and taking hold of the vessel. Locking it in place. And the ship down the row seemed to be something like the Protector but her livery was different. De Kazan consulted the sensorium terminal nearest him.

"The Macragge's Honor sire. Flagship of the XIII Legion, the Ultramarines."

"I look forward to meeting the commander."

Allanor departed the bridge with the Navarch in tow leaving the Ship master in charge. Down the elevator they went to where there was a port for the dignitaries of a flagship of an expeditionary fleet or there would be diplomats from the worlds that wanted to speak to the Emperor when he was available. But he and Serenity were away. Allanor with Tularan and Eudoron the master of his bodyguard and the warriors who were of that unit went to the shuttles that were waiting in the bay.

Roboute Guilliman looked up from his notes, "What is it Marius?" He asked the Terran who stood before him in the cobalt blue armor of the legion. A change if anything for the XIII who had suffered at the hands of the Psybirds at Osiris now they had a new commander in Roboute Guilliman. And now he was to meet his brother.

"The Protector is here sire; the Nomarch will be planet side soon enough." Guilliman had heard of Allanor by reputation with the effecienct destruction of the Orks that had plagued many worlds. He had admired such tight and effective work. The XIII was like the II.

"Thank you, Marius." Gulliman had been working on a plan to deal with the Psybirds, the XIII was recruiting and the Five Hundred Worlds were providing the best young men for the legion. The Terrans were eager for vengeance. And Gulliman had sworn a private oath that he would get his sons the vengeance that they deserved. The Primarch stood in the gardens wearing his artificer war gear. The presence of his honor guard was welcome, the villas of this area were for the Primarchs and here in the Himalayzian mountains the air was somewhat clearer. Then again there was the energy fields and other technology.

Guilliman looked at the statues and they were of the astartes of the legions. Armored with their faces covered by helms one could not see if they were of a Astartes hero.

Guilliman saw ones of the Ultramarines, the fresh cuts in the marble were of the white U that sat on his own shoulder. Then again, he was standing in the forecourt of the Villa marked XIII. Serenity had one nearby somewhat out of place. Guilliman was something of an Architect and the Princess's villa in the Garden city was something not in a right place. Father occupied the Palace itself and the Manse that was within.

Gulliman looked at the II Mansion further down the street, visible from where he was. He looked at the thing. There was a II Legion banner, the First Swords. He looked to the skies over Terra, clear and somewhat grey. He looked for any sign of the arrival of the shuttle.

"He'll be here Marius."

The journey to the landside space port was uneventful. The Primarch of the II legion was suitably impressed with how the Palace was always beautiful. And though his father maybe absent the regent of Terra was in residence and his brother would be happy to see him he hoped. He looked at the data slate in his hand with the intention of understanding.

Since the discovery of the XIII Primarch the newly dubbed Ultramarines had held position in Ultramar, audacious jumps across the Galaxy preferably with the Primarch led fleets few as they were, the Luna Wolves were in the lead...and Horus was a good commander that was bringing worlds to heel day by day. In the West it was the task of Allanor, in the East, Guilliman. And so he looked out the window at the spires and domes of the Imperial Palace, a city within a city, and at the heart of it would be the Immperial Residence. They put in at the Port landing in one of the numerous shuttle-slips. Eudoron was the first one out followed by the silver-plated warriors. Allanor could see the Custodes standing watch or waiting as a delegation. No sign of Serenity.

"Ah, Calin." Said Allanor warmly greeting the Custodian who was a Shield captian. Wearing a silver cape trimmed with golden moons over his gold plate. The symbol of the Princess.

"Where is your mistress?"

"Lady Serenity has left me to oversee the meeting between the two of you." The Custodes were the bodyguards and something of Confidants to the Imperial Family as it was. The Primarch nodded, evidently the shield captian was acting as an agent for the Princess. The fact was that she was very caring about her brothers.

"Very well, lead on." The Primarch and his retinue loaded into the speeders that were waiting to shuttle dignitaries to the Palace. And so, the Primarch drew closer.

His manse in the Palace was impressive and there was another Primarch in residence. He watched the buildings pass, the city of clerks that ran the Imperium. He looked at the Palace, passing through the Eternity gate. And then a walk through the galleries to the place where the Primarchs would dwell. The manse was there and there was a new decoration, a blue banner in the galleries and the symbol. A U on it. He walked into the street, the Primarch, legion officers, who knew about the Senshi. He walked down the street to XIII and saw a blue armored astartes standing in the front.

"Well if it is not Marius Gage."

"Lord Allanor." Said Gage looking at the Primarch. There was a sound and Guilliman emerged from the place.

"Brother." Said Allanor looking at him. And the two of them shook hands and they smiled. "Well I see you've had your livery done well...symbols of your realm?" Asked the High Nomarch.

"Well yes, of Ultramar. I heard you govern fifty worlds."

"The High Stars, Acrocelestia...we are both Kings in an Empire. Ive heard it said an Emperor should reign over Kings."

"True. A valid point."

"We have much to discuss and the auspices of the Princess." And it was then that the best of relationships among the Primarchs.

d