Episode 6:Mystery of Nemisis

Pyramid of Phoetep

Tizca City, Prospero

The issue of Nemesis was a thing that would not done in one battle. 411-1 was the beginning perhaps Magnus knew he was ina better position than most to get to the bottom of the issue.

On Prospero he traveled to a part of the the pyramid of Photep. It was a suit of rooms that were shared by three brothers. Men that he would trust with this mission. He had a feeling that Ira would suffer a similar fate to Serenity. She'd had odd dreams recently and one could attribute it to the mention of Nemisis in conference as the Senshi were so inclined to do at times of crisis.

As the Imperium was expanding as always during this time of Glory and with the commanders that he had with the fleet Magnus could return to Prospero. No great hoist of the masses greeted him on this return. It had been when Tizca had slipped into the depths of the night on this world. And the master of the Thousand Sons knew this was a dark threat. The threat seemed to be, he had spoken with Valak and the First Sword had said the following.

He looked at the Lord of the Thousand Sons. "I engaged him when we breached the Palace, monsters faced us, Xenos perhaps, they shattered like dolls under bolter fire. Though they did have doll like faces and they fought with great speed.

Magnus had a feeling that was not all that there was to the story. And so he walked through the halls of the Pyramid of Photep he knew that he had to solve the problem. Senshi were not like the Primarchs. Not like most Psykers and the warp was calm around Serenity especially, a sphere that extended out from her and made him feel at peace. As he approached the apartments in that isolated part of the Palace he thought of what Serenity had done for the legion.

The apothecary led the Primarch into the room. Serenity was there sitting at the bedside of a man who had been placed in stasis to preserve his own flesh and form from the ravages of the disease. The marine was sitting up and reading a scroll.

"Ohrmuzd Ahriman." He had thanked his sister profusely for her deeds in saving his children from their own bodies and they were happy as well.

He stood before the door and knocked, it was opened by a hooded astartes after a few moments. "Hello, come in, come in sire." He said bowing a bit, opening the door he saw that the two others were present.

"We were discussing Recruits with potential for induction into the Librarius..." There were three hooded figures around the table. They were three officers. One had opened the door and then there was another. When one of them at the table lowered his hood. One could see that these three warriors were special. He was called Janus. The other one who had opened the door with a press of a button was normal, he was Maitreya Ohrmuzd the dream catcher as he was known was the leader of this small coven of sorcerers. One was off seeing to the recruits that were needed to keep the Thousand Sons healthy and the Crusade on schedule.

The third was silent, with his head bowed and covered. He was calm as he spoke with the power of his mind.

"I know why you have come master." He rose and looked to Magnus, bedecked in the robes of a senior member of the Librarius he was also faceless and breathed through the holes in his neck. Gills. He had not been subject to the Flesh Change which had ravaged the legion but he had been born a mutant and had been close to Ira as a trusted guardian. "You wish for us to seek out the truth of this Nemisis... that will be hard to find, due to the fact of our first contact being far from Prospero... we shall have to work hard sire, it will take some time."

"All that I ask you my sons is that you find the truth of Nemisis so that the Emperor might send an expedition and destroy this place...that has birthed this threat to the Imperium and the Princess personally.."

It was a telepathic order but that was what was needed, to show these three warriors that he would perhaps join them in their efforts.

"Ill trust no one else bar perhaps the masters of the Fellowships... and they have worlds to win." He could sense Amun looking into his thoughts and he nodded to the faceless one.

"Get to work my sons, we have much to do and not much time to do it."

And so the work began.

Thousand Sons Expeditionary Fleet

Over unknown world

The astartes were impressed as they looked down from the bridge of the battle barge. Fellowship captian Hathor Ma'at looked at the city and was suitably impressed. The place was built with the same crystal that was seen on 411-1 decades ago. Surrounded by his officers and aides Ma'at looked calmly his emotions detached from his facial expressions. He could as all trained psykers could sense that this crystal city below with the power to potentially destroy his fleet. But the thing was, he had not made any assault against the planet, because he felt this would not be solved by one barrage and a ground assault.

"Sire?" Asked the mortal mistress of the ship and a woman who trusted Ma'at, psyker though he was.

"Yes Captian?"

"We have a Nemisis sighting..." And then Maat felt something moving on the warp and he staggered. As alarms sounded.

"Warp core instability." The shipmistress ordered an immediate evacuation of the engine rooms. Ma'aat through the pain of something coming at his mind hard.

"Raise shields and get us clear, Skitarri security to the reactor room immeadiately."

Where is she? Slick and cool, against the pulsing tear in reality that was coming at his brain and the 3rd Fellowships commander was quick to strike back, slamming on his helm. As he issued orders for the 3rd on the barge to respond to the threat.

He had a clear head, and was a specialist in biomancy. This was another thing entirely almost.

The battle barge burned for a higher orbit but with the fact of this being a warp gate. He had his weapons. His aides were dismissed, and brothers were ordered to be scrambled and the flagship of the third went on lockdown.

In the areas around the warp drive, the place where there had been swarms of robots that came through. AN Army that was boarding the ship. The commander of the Skitarii was calm. She'd been programmed to anticipate a possible boarding action and like all of the warriors that were non-Astartes on the ship they had to be ready for combat. So the battle was, it was not a battle as the robots moved, leapt with claws extended and they tore into Skitarri and they tore into arms men, priests and menials and servitors. They held a series of corridors that were there to contain the personell that were in the ships mechanicum section.

The arrival of the first few squads of the 3rd Fellowship had given them some help. Bolt shells had along with psychic ability had seen the beasts off and the battle would rage for a while yet.

Captian Ma'aat was an impressive sight as he was a commander, his pistol blazed and his staff was in his other hand. The Thousand Sons around him led the charge to the engine room.

Ma'aat looked at the man with red hair, he was impressed that he had somehow boarded the ship. He'd heard of warp denizens that had attacked ships. But a breach of the system of a astartes battle barge. The man looked at Ma'aat.

"Your Like her." He said before vanishing with a loud bang. No attempt to fight, Ma'aat cursed himself for letting him get away. But he too was like the Senshi. And the Thousand Sons could well be the target.

Authors Note:
Thousand Sons contained herein are property of terraluna5 and Raitbor31 on deviantart.

sdExc