Chapter Four

Mulai dari awal

Sylvie chewed on her lip, looking down at her phone. "I hate my heart sometimes," she whispered, voice trembling.

"Your heart is the best part about you, Sylvie," Will gave her a careful hug, feeling her shake. "That's why you're the Queen of Hearts. You look out for others', but you need to take care of yours, too."

He felt Sylvie nod against his shoulder. "Thanks, Spades," she projected.

Will smiled; it always made him happy whenever one of his brothers or his sister projected their thoughts at him. "You're welcome, Hearts."

***

Herrmann had closed Molly's for a few days so he could plan about what to do without Otis, and Matt couldn't help but be grateful when he heard. All of them needed time to themselves after losing one of their own in the factory fire, and Matt personally didn't think he was ready to face the rest of the firehouse while he was still reeling from Otis's death.

That was why he was surprised when, as Kelly entered the apartment with a six-pack, his cell phone rang, the Caller ID displaying Boden's number. "Hey, Chief," Matt said when he answered, making Kelly stop and turn.

"Casey," Boden greeted in turn. "I'm hoping I'm not interrupting you or Severide, but would the two of you be able to drop by tonight?"

"Sure," Matt checked his watch. "When?"

"Eight, if that works."

"Yeah, Chief, we'll be there."

"Thanks, Casey. It's important."

Matt raised an eyebrow. "We'll definitely be there, then."

"Everything OK?" Kelly asked as Matt hung up.

"Boden want us at his at eight," Matt answered, pointing at the six-pack. "Guess we'll have to crack those open later."

"Well, aside from Boden's, I don't think either of us are going anywhere any time soon, and neither are these," Kelly shrugged. "What do you think he needs to talk to us about?"

"My guess?" Matt sighed. "The fire."

***

Sylvie fidgeted from foot to foot that night, checking her phone occasionally, checking the texts she had, then the door opened. "Sylvie," Boden gave her a welcoming smile, stepping back. "Come on in."

"Thanks, Chief," Sylvie nodded, walking inside.

"You didn't drive yourself, did you?" Boden asked, closing the door behind her.

"No, I took a taxi," Sylvie shook her head. "I may catch a ride back."

"Or one of these two could take you," Boden led her into the house.

Matt and Kelly were sitting in chairs by the fireplace, both looking up when their footsteps came closer. "Brett!" Kelly blinked in surprise, standing up.

"We didn't know you were out of the hospital," Matt hastily did the same.

"Will discharged me a few hours ago," Sylvie said, smiling and walking over to them. "I didn't want to make that big of a deal about it."

Matt hugged her, taking care not to hit her arm. "How are you feeling?" he asked in concern.

"Better," Sylvie answered, closing her eyes and leaning into Matt. "Especially now that I'm out of Med."

"Was it the psychic thing?" Kelly asked, eyeing her worriedly.

"Yeah," Sylvie nodded, letting go of Matt to give him a quick hug as well. "Let me tell you, I would never be able to be a doctor in an environment like Med. I told Will it was 'too emotional.'"