Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Present: Bonita

It had been 2 weeks, 3 days since I had arrived here. The days dragged by slowly, with little changing. I had started to creep out of my shell, but kept my distance from Tyler and Miss.Perfect, Macy. But the brother and sister pair, Aly and Adam had really turned out nice. Aly was sweet, caring, soft-spoken. I found out her and her brother weren't really twins, like everyone had assumed, Aly was just tall for her age. I had been suprised to find out she was 14 and Adam was 16. Adam had explained they had decided to stop explaining to people that he was vertically challeneged. Adam was hot tempered, over protective and very secretive. Whenever Aly brought up something about their past, he would shot her a hard glance. This just made me more curious. I had tried to get to talk to Aly without him, but he refused it. The little boy, Rob, also became a distraction. He was just like any little kid, at least I assumed. I tried not to think about my time as a 7 year old. He was always trying to show us how grown up he was. He would make us "breakfast", which was nothing more than dry ceral with maybe an ounce of milk at the bottom, which we ate without complaint. He would try to make our beds. I refused to allow him in my room and after a few days he gave up. I liked this kid alot, but I wasn't going to take any chances. Aly and Adam weren't allowed in my room either. It was just a rule I had made. They acceptted it pretty easily, but I could tell Adam was as curious about me as I was of him and his sister. Aly and Adam had little to do with Tyler and Macy as well, which made it easier. Macy and Tyler were usually off by themselves, talking or planning or whatever. Aly said that once she had walked in on them making out in the room Aly shared with Macy. I was suprised Miss Priss had it in her.

One day I was up in my room, night falling. It was getting colder now and my thin blankets weren't doing much to keep me warm. I went out of my room, walking down the steps to the second landing where the closet was. I opened it up and grabbed a quilt, pushing towels and other things out of the way. I closed the door to see Adam, leaning against the wall. I jumped a little, but quickly calmed down. "Can I help you?" I asked, letting sarcasm drip into my voice. He smiled a little. "Maybe. I don't know. Depends if your who I think you are" he said quietly. I waited for him to explain, leaning against the closed door. "Who do you think I am?" His smile grew a little. "Bonita. From a little place known as The House of Whores" he said softly, a dark glint in his eyes. I felt my heart pound in my chest. "What are you talking about?" I asked, forcing a smirk on my face. He laughed quietly, stepping closer to me. I hugged the quilt tighter to my chest. "I'll tell you the truth about me if you tell me the truth about you" he said. I flinched a little at the thought. But God, I wanted to know why he was so damn secretive about it. "Fine" I hissed. I turned on my heel and went up to my room and he closed the door behind him. It was werid to have someone else in my room. I sat down, throwing the quilt on my bed. "So. Spill" I said, crossing my arms across my chest. "How do you know about The House?" I asked. He sighed a little, seeming like he hadn't thought this out. "You first" he said. I growled under my breath.

"Fine. But you better hold up your side of the bargian" I said. He nodded. I launched into the story of it being my birthday, being left here with no one but Tyler and Vision. I even let a little bit of what Vision did slip. I told him about Luke and Ron, trying my best to keep the details to myself. I told him how I became part of the House after Luke lost a game he shouldn't have. I had been 14 at the time. Adam seemed a little sickened by the fact, probably because of his sister. "And when I was 15, I met someone who was living in The House too. I have no clue where they are now" I said quietly, feeling sick to my stomach. He watched me for a moment as I finished with me coming back from the library to find The House surrounded by the police and ending up here. I could hear my voice shaking slightly. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the look on Adam's face. I felt his hand on my shoulder. It was suprisingly warm. I smiled a little and opened my eyes. "Okay, so theres my story in a nutshell. Your turn" I said, feeling myself calm down a little. I saw him breath in and out a few times before he started talking. "Alright. Aly and me...our parents weren't together. We haven't seen our dad since Aly turned 5. My mom tried her best, but she was always trying to find a guy to take care of us. Her boyfriends weren't the greatest picks. Most of them were scummy dickheads. There was this one guy that we liked...but then he started drinking alot. He started beating up my mom and...other stuff. So I took Aly when I was 14 and she was 12. We ran into this gang who took us in. But it was tough on us. I was all Aly really had and she was all I had. But the other guys in the gang didn't understand. They...tried to sell her to The House. That was when we left. I was so scared for her... I would have done anything to keep her away from there. And for a year will lived on our own, sleeping in homeless shelters or anywhere we could. I started stealing stuff. But...it was getting harder for me to see her as my sister" he said this all so confidently and strong. But that last sentence had made his eyes go fuzzy. I had a feeling he hadn't ever trusted anyone with this part before. "I don't see her as a sister. I see her as some one I want. Someone...I love" he whispered, shaking with emotion. I felt a little bit of disgust roll into my stomach, but pushed it away.

I sat closer to him as he began to cry. I held him close and I let lose a few tears myself. "Maybe we can help each other forget. I can help you forget Aly and you could help me forget my girl" I whispered in his ear. He looked up at me, his eyes watery and dark. I didn't put up any resistance as he kissed me hard on the lips. I didn't fight as his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me so close. I welcomed it. I needed this. He needed this. And as we both began to fall deeper into the kiss, with each shred of clothing that was tore off, I knew we were feeling the same thing.

Freedom of the people we shouldn't love.