Part 11: The Case Of Sekaiichi Death

Chapter 34: The Last Case Of Sekaiichi Erotica

*NARRATED IN DAVID'S POV*

*ON THE JUNJOU HATSUKOI WEDDING DAY*
Before my head started bursting with pricking pain, and my vision went black shortly after that...

I was standing at the hotel's terrace taking a few pictures. Photography was an old hobby of mine. In Muscat, I used to be in the photography club. It was an amazing experience. Actually that's where I met Anand and Madhav; my best friends in the whole world. We became fast friends. And when I came out in eighth grade, they didn't judge me. Neither did Olivia and Insiya. While the whole school was mocking me, sending me notes that I don't deserve to live, and getting shunned by my parents, these four people supported me. They admired the fact that I was bold enough to proudly scream out to the whole world that I'm gay.

And when I came to this world and found so many gay guys, it makes me feel that I want to live here for the rest of my life. When I turned 17, my whole life started to change........ but I couldn't tell anyone about it....... especially not my friends. Because I love them so much and I don't want to hurt them. So I decided to hide it for a while. But because of this, my parents stopped shunning me and regularly took care of me. However, my situation only became worse. Life was not on my side.

But I did find someone who shared a similar circumstance like me. And that was none other than Mark...

Even after considering that I barely knew him, the reason I cried so much that I couldn't even compose myself was because....................................................

"DAVID! Oh thank god you're coming into your senses!" Sir Dave sighed as he saw my eyes slowly fluttering open. To be honest, I didn't even have the strength to even do that faster. I'm worse than a snail at this point. He then shouted, "Emily! Get in here!"

She then entered the room in haste. The girl was exhausted. I must have been unconscious for days. She had huge bags under her eyes. Her clothes seemed dirty. Her posture is gone for a toss. Her hair doesn't appeared to be neatly combed. She wasn't wearing any makeup for once. Not even foundation. Her eyes were red and she had a runny nose. It looked like she has been crying for days.

"H-how l-long was I out?" I stammered.

"Four days David!!! FOUR. FUCKING. DAYS." She started screaming as she brisked her way to the patient bed. I had absolutely no idea that Emily was so worried about me. I guess, I shouldn't be surprised. At first, we didn't even know each other but after living together for over a year, I suppose we have gotten quite close. We've spent a lot of alone time together especially because Yukina kept setting us for "rendezvous." We both knew what was his plan so we decided to play along for a while. We did grow extremely fond of each other. But... couldn't fall in love. Two reasons. One, her first love died in a car accident and she wanted to sort out her feelings for him with time. Two, I'm gay and I already found someone I love.

I held onto Emily's hand and clasped it tightly with the remaining strength I had. I sighed, "Emily... do you know why I couldn't compose myself at Mark's death?" All Emily could do was nod her head with tears overflowing her eyes. Her grip got tighter. She sat down beside me on the patient bed. As she looked at me earnestly with those red and swollen eyes, I knew that I had to tell her how I felt.

Sir Dave recognized the tense atmosphere between us. He rose from his seat and said, "I'll give you guys a minute... if you need anything, I'm at the reception." And just like that he exited the room as he maintained his composure. Here's the thing. I know Sir Dave very well. He pretends to be chill about everything when he is at his worst. I know that he hasn't gone to the reception. He has gone to the superstore to get another packet of cigarettes and fry his eyes out. Whenever life throws a challenge at him, he's always able to face it. But life has been tough on him. Like Mr. Palaan, Sir Dave deeply relies on his students. The only difference between him and Mr. Palaan is that Sir Dave is a widower and has a son. The son did not take his father's surname because his mother died immediately after his birth. Sir Dave thought that maybe in this way, his child could still have the mother residing in his heart. And that child... is none other than me.............. David D'Souza. The only son of Dave Gibbs and Harmony D'Souza. My ISM besties and Emily are the only ones who know about this. Yash and Akira have no clue and so does the rest of the school in Muscat.

I articulated, "Emily. I've been meaning to tell you something for a long time now. There's no easy way to say this."
Emily reassured me by wiping her tears and saying, "Trust me, whatever you have to say, it's better than the fact that you're dying of Leukemia."

I then took a deep breath and then spoke, "I'm in love with Kisa-San... hopelessly and truly. I know that he is happily dating Yukina and I'm just a friend to him..."

Emily interjected, "Just a friend?! Dude! Do you have any idea how many times has Kisa-San called and cried on the phone? You were collapsed for four days and there were 96 incoming calls on my phone. Yukina called once everyday but Kisa-San did 24 more times as he did! Dude he wouldn't do that with 'JUST A FRIEND.'"

I then questioned, "If I'm not his boyfriend or his friend, then what am I to him?"

Emily responded with a smile on her face, "You're a real world kid David D'Souza to him. Dude, there are certain relationships which have no name. This case demonstrates that example. You both love each other. You know for sure how your love is, whereas Kisa-San is merely confused. You know how much Yukina worries that you will take him away with you to the real world? He's confident that Kisa-San loves him, but he's even more confident that you love him more than he does. It's true that Kisa-San is a 30-year-old man. But he doesn't yet have a clear idea of what love is and how it can come in different forms. David, please. Tell them the truth. They deserve to know. Not only them. So do your friends. Look, when I compare you to Mark, I actually think that you're more lucky."

I raised my eyebrows and questioned, "Lucky? I'm on a patient bed and I don't even have the strength to go to the bathroom or drink a glass of water by myself."

Emily replied, "No. Not that. Mark didn't have someone he loved. He kept looking for that and never found it. You did! Mark couldn't die in the real world. You will. You still have time! Most importantly, Mark didn't have his parents when he was at his death bed. You're gonna have your beloved father Sir Dave with you!"

I nodded as I felt my eyes closing again. I was really tired and I wanted to go to sleep yet again. As my eyelids felt that they were heavy and they slowly flapped close into the darkness, I realized that even though my love for Kisa-San was somehow going to remain unrequited, I still have something to say to him......................................................................

Whatever experiences life has given me, and the fact that those experiences led me to meet you and fall do you, I only can only arrive at one conclusion. Mark. I really do understand. To be with the people I love and cherish to be there by my side when they send me to the heaven to reunite with my deceased family members, is indeed.....................................

THE WORLD'S BEST DEATH...