Chapter 1: The Onodera Family History

*Hello readers, I really love the Sekaiichi Hatsukoi anime series, and not to mention Junjou Romantica as well! Watching these two animes a couple of times inspired me to come up with a fanfic story; really hope you enjoy it. Please excuse my grammatical errors. I would appreciate some comments about the chapters as this is my first BL fanfiction.*

*NARRATED BY RITSU'S POV*

Everyone has a family history, and I suppose that it's natural that everyone is curious about their ancestors because it adds on to their character. Yes, it includes me as well. After reading a vast collection of novels from different genres, I was curious about my family history and began my research for the same when I was fifteen, after Takano and I broke up due to a misunderstanding. What I came across was very interesting. No wonder why my father would keep this from me. As a kid, I always asked my father what my grandparents and my great grandparents were like as they died before I was born. He wouldn't answer; no wonder why.

One day, after Takano and I broke up, my father encouraged me that if I wanted to become a worthy editor at the Onodera Publishing house, I needed to get a P.H.D in English Literature from the most notable university in England. My father and I shared a closet, so as I was packing my clothes, I saw a black bag filled with letters kept in a corner. Out of curiosity, I took the bag and unfolded one of the letters inside. And to my surprise, it was written by my great grandfather Tsukishima! And when I saw his picture, that answered a lot of my questions about the way I looked:

 And to my surprise, it was written by my great grandfather Tsukishima! And when I saw his picture, that answered a lot of my questions about the way I looked:

 It was his last words before he was forced to commit suicide as he lost the war to save his entire clan for extermination. I couldn't believe that I had a great grandfather who was a hero; of course I feel sorry that things had to end that way, but I couldn't be more proud of him.

As I started reading the other pages, I was shocked to see what was written on it. Apparently, he had feelings for another man named Kuroda, his childhood friend! But because of his sacrifice to his clan, they couldn't be together, however, their relationship wasn't official and their love was a secret. But here's the more shocking part. Before he died, his relatives said that what he is doing is commendable but he still had a sacred duty of carrying on the family name. As a result, the relatives proposed that Tsukishima's other childhood friend named Shizuma, could be the mother of his child and then could successfully pass on the family name.

Shizuma was so much in love with Tsukishima, that she agreed to do it without any objections. Tsukishima didn't even know about her one-sided feelings until he was deceased. I started crying as I read the last line, "Before I was hung, I told Shizuma; my last wish is to name my child Onodera......."

I ran out of breath as I was crying the entire time I was reading these. I cannot believe that my great grandfather loved another man; I finally have someone in my family I can relate to! Everyone in my family is as 'straight as a line', and they have already decided who am I going to marry when I get older, my childhood friend, An Kohinata. I refused the proposal properly after Takano entered my life again, but sometimes I still wonder whether she's doing okay or not.

However, back to great grandfather Tsukishima. The part that made me cry was where I found out that even though he and Kuroda loved each other, they couldn't be together. As I began to shove the letters back into the bag before my father catches me reading them, I found a wooden board on which was carved the following words:

真の愛は無私無欲です。

犠牲にする準備ができています。

私の家族の誰かが、本当の愛とは何かを実際に理解するという私の夢を実現できることを願っています。

そして、彼らは私の話とは異なり、彼らの残りの人生の間彼らのそばにとどまるでしょう。

(True love is selfless. 

It is prepared to sacrifice.

I hope that someone in my family can fulfill my dream of actually comprehending what true love is. 

And they will stay by their side for the rest of their lives, unlike my story.)

I didn't understand till date what he meant, but that saying has been stuck in my head ever since. There was a time when I really used to care about these things. Right now, I'm just too jaded to even think about this. Not that I don't care, but as years pass by; priorities change.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: In case some of you are wondering, yes. Tsukishima and Kuroda are characters from 'Hybrid Child.' I just thought that I should combine those because I don't know why I feel like Tsukishima somewhat resembles Ritsu. Please let me know in the comments, how's the plot so far.