Part 5: The Case Of Junjou Egoist

Chapter 15: Physicist To An Author

*NARRATED IN HIROKI'S POV*

After an exhausting long day's work, I entered the apartment to find Madhav lazing on the couch, intently writing something in his journal with a serious expression spread across his face. Just then, my phone started buzzing with an incoming message. It was from Nowaki. He informed me with the last thing I wanted to hear right now! Nowaki's shift at the hospital was extended overnight due to a large number of patients and Maya was having a sleepover with Olivia and the other CGHS kids. So that means.....................................................................................

I AM HOME ALONE WITH THIS SELFISH IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Okaerinasai" A voice came from the couch as the gaze from those green eyes flashing like a signal on the road, landed on me. He quickly closed his book and stuffed it into his bag that was kept beside him.

"Since when did you start being nice?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"I am human, you know?" Madhav answered.

"So what were you doing? Writing something?" I asked, trying to change the topic. I only did that because I didn't like him one bit. And if we keep talking about his nature, then I will seriously blurt out something that I'll regret and he will come punching at me.

"I got no time for stories!" He said with the pitch of his voice going unbelievably high. "I'm going to be a physicist, you know? I was studying! Don't come for me!!!!!" He started to panic for some reason. Okay, I can tell that the guy doesn't want to be a physicist. I guess that story is quite prominent in their world. Where the kid wants to do something, but parents force him into another direction because of money and social pressure. For someone, who was behaving like an ass all the time, he can be pretty readable.

"You know that I can tell that you want to be something else, right? For a complete jerk, it looks like you do have a heart." I folded my arms and pointed out as I was removing my coat and placing it in a hanger.

"I-I am going to be a physicist okay!! And I'll prove you wrong, oldie! I'm going to sleep!" Madhav screamed at the top of his voice, and stormed out of the room with his cheeks burning red. That guy is literally showing the classic symptoms of lying. He may prentend to be mature, but in reality, he's such a child. Obviously with that kind of response, I ain't gonna sleep in peace! The way he was writing earlier; maybe the guy wants to be an author, but his parents led him in another direction. Okay, now that he's gone to sleep, I'm gonna look all over his bag (especially that diary he was writing in), and see for myself what the guy is hiding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the clock struck twelve, I peeped into the hallway that was pitch dark, and started looking back and forth to ensure that Madhav wasn't awake or roaming around in the apartment. I tiptoed towards the couch where his bag was kept and unzipped the big pocket to find a huge folder with papers in it. I opened the folder and took one of the papers in my hand and was shocked to see what it was.

 I opened the folder and took one of the papers in my hand and was shocked to see what it was