"Why do you care, you don't even know me and I don't know you. And for you're information yes I'm hurt, I was attacked by a boy now I must be heading home" I snapped at the boy

I turned around and started to walk back home, once I was outside the lodging house I broke down into tears. I was looking around and then Jack walked around the corner, I got up from my spot and ran over to Jack. I was crying into Jack's arms as he was trying to figure out what was wrong.

"Night what happened?" Jack asked

"I sneak out to Brooklyn and I was attacked by a boy. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" I cried

Jack picked me up as I cried, he carried me inside the lodging house. Jack sat me down on my bed and soon after Mush came running into the room. Mush scoped me into his arms as he tried to calm me down. After I calmed down I laid in bed with Mush because I'm to scared to sleep in my own bed. 

~TIME SKIP~

I woke up to find myself still in Mush's arms, I let out a sigh and climbed out of bed. I got up and changed ready to sell some papes, all the boys got up and the lodging house was filled with life. We all walked up to the distrabustion center and that was when I stopped dead in my tracks. 

"New newsie price, 50 cents per hundred" Race said

"What" I said "I can eat two days off a dime"

Mush walked over to me and he wrapped his arm around me, then I saw the two new boys that I met yesterday. 

Spot's POV

Ever since I saw that goil I couldn't stop thinking about her, she was beautiful but she seemed really scared of me. I don't blame her a lot of people are scared of me. I was sitting on my throne with my pimp cane when on of my spies named Carrot.

"Spot, the Manhattan newsies are going on strike" Carrot said

"A strike? huh" I said

I dismissed Carrot and waited for Jackie boy to show up, I knew he would since none of his newsies other than Race ever set foot in Brooklyn. After a few minutes of waiting Jack and a group of his newsies came walking down the dock.

"Well if it ain't Jack be nimble Jack be quick" I said

"I see you moved up in the world Spot" Jack said

I jumped down and spit shacked with Jack, I looked at the newises with him. He had Boots and a boy who looks to nice to be livin on the streets. Then my eyes met the goil, that was the goil I had seen.

"So Jack I hear you and your boys are planing on going on strike" I said

"Yeah we are and we wanna know if your with us" Jack said

"Well you see Jackie boy, unlike you I have strong boys but I also have little ones. I don't wanna see my boys get hurt and yours run at the first sight of scabs or the bulls." I said "And Jackie I would keep that goil out of trouble."

"Well we are all in this together and if we get every burrow in New York then we can't lose but everyone wants to know what the famous Spot Conlon does. So you gotta join us, well you gotta" The mouth says

"What is this Jack? Some kind of walking mouth?" I asked

I took a step closer to him and watched as he flinched and stepped back. I took my cane and pocked Jack with it.

"As I said Jack, how do I know you won't run at the first sight of trouble" I said "Now get off me tourf"

I watched as they walked away, I grabbed the goil's arm and whispered in her ear.