Oᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 18ᴛʜ 2004

Unedited!

Johnny.
It's been four days since I've slept next to Dally. We haven't spoken as much as we normally do and I think the gang has began to notice. Dally quickly noticed so he pulled me to the side, like he normally does, "Look kid, I know things have been awkward between us because what happened couple nights before, but I just want you to know that I don't feel that way about you. I'm not even gay. So hopefully that'll fix things?" He said, ending it more like a question. I felt my heart break, "Y-Yeah, n-no Sorry, I didn't mean to make things awkward." I said, fiddling with the cuffs of my jean jacket. Dally smiled and let out a chuckle, I felt myself falling all over again, "Nah, it's alright. But right now let's go get somethin' to eat. I'm hungry." He said as he jogged up to the rest of the gang.
He didn't love me. He just didn't, who was I to think Dallas Winston could anyone anyways? Especially me? I must've gone mad.

______________

We all sat down at a table, after a bit of arguing we all agreed on Carl's Jr., "What do you want Johnny?" Dally asked. "Just some fries." I replied, quickly but not to quickly. He nodded and added my order to the others.

"So, you and Dally?" I heard Pony ask, not taking his eyes off his book. I swear Ponyboy Curtis can be a real handful sometimes, "What about me and Dal?" I asked, trying to ask oblivious to the fact that we were just cuddling on the Curtis couch four days ago. He shut his book, after bookmarking it, "C'mon Johnny, no mater how much Darry acts like I'm five that doesn't mean I'm a fool." I sighed
"So what if I like him?" I asked looking at the table to avoid making eye contact, "He said it himself, he doesn't like me that way and he's straight." I sighed, it really hurt. Thankfully I had Pony to talk to, he was the only person I was out to. And even though he assured me that the other weren't homophobic and tried to convince me to come out to them I still haven't, but that was alright. But sometimes I felt bad that I always let everything out at Pony.

"Hey, it'll work out. I know it will."
"You know for a small boy you really are wise." I joked
"You know for a small boy you really have sass." Ponyboy shot back, I had a smile (which was rare) for about a split second before the rest of the gang came back,when it vanished.
"Aw no fair how come only Pony gets to see your smile?" Pouted Soda. "Cause I'm special" pony replied, flipping his hair. We all laughed but I could feel Dally, who was sitting next to me, tense when his hand brushed against mine.
It'll work out...