23.

Excuse any mistakes!
Luna Hogan

Opening my eyes to a bright light beaming in my face

Opening my eyes to a bright light beaming in my face. I squinted confused as to where I was. I jumped up seeing I was in East bedroom laying naked in his bed. My mind started to race as I jumped up.

"Oh no, no, no."

I panicked looking around for my clothes. Looking over I found my phone laying perfectly on his nightstand. I grabbed it seeing missed calls from Zae, Lilo, my uncle, brother, and cousin. They were all worried sick.

My stomach started to bubble at the thought of me cheating on Zae. I couldn't remember anything from last night but my body did hurt letting me know one thing. Why would he leave like this knowing what we did? I rushed out the room heading for the door but a loud beeping sound stopped my movement.

I was confused because I never heard it before. It was getting annoying, so I decided to follow the noise. The closer I got the louder the noise became. It lead me to an unknown door I didn't know East had at his house. Or maybe I never really looked around.

I turned the doorknob and it was locked. I ran my fingers through my hair in hopes of bobby-pins. Once I found it I picked the lock and successfully got inside. When I opened the door I got the shock of my life.

"What the hell?" I questioned myself seeing a whole surveillance room. They were cameras and pictures everywhere. I was shocked that he had all of this in his house. How could I have not known?

I walked in getting a closer look. He had a chair in front of the screens making me take a seat. I noticed a notebook wide open with a bunch of dates on them. I flipped through seeing some of the dates I knew where familiar. I spotted my name with a date and I typed it on the computer.

An old video of me sleeping over popped up making me creeped out. I flipped through more of the book and came across random dates that I didn't know about. Something was telling me to search my dad's death date and I found it, written in bold black letters.

With shaky hands, I typed that date in the computer and a video popped up making my heart rate increase tremendously. I took a deep breath pressing play. There my dad was taking grocery sacks out his car. As he came back out for the rest, a group of boys rushed him.

He smiled throwing his hands up seeing one of them holding a gun. They went back and forth about something but I couldn't hear since the video had low audio. Whatever it was didn't bother my dad because he still held his smile and his head high.

He was never the type to show his weakness to the enemy. They started ruffing him up making me angry. My dad said one thing and the boy raised his gun to my father's chest.

"Please don't." I begged even though I knew what was going to happen.

I closed my eyes hearing a loud clear pop. My dad fell to the ground holding his chest. The boy came back shooting him twice again taking off his mask. My heart fell to my ass seeing who it was.