➶︎Coming Home➴︎

Start from the beginning

All: "Okay mommy."

Y/N: Bentley can you fix Lynden's bottle while I get the food ready.

"yes, mommy."

After breakfast, I get them all ready to leave the house. We don't know when he's getting out of jail but we know it's soon since the judge had him he was free to go. I just hope it's either today or tomorrow.

The drive to the prison was quiet due to Rowan being fast asleep. Bentley was reading a book that he got from school while Gabbie just looked out the window. Lynden is chewing on his chubby fingers signaling that he's hungry even if he just got done eating.

Lynden is our youngest and chubbiest child. He loves to eat. I don't understand how or why he just does.

"Mommy are we almost there."

"Yes, baby. We're almost there just like 25 more minutes ok."

"Ok."

About 10 minutes after Gabbie asked me that question we finally pulled up to the prison. Having four kids have it's ups and downs. A downside is trying to get them to cooperate with you.

"Come on guys, please. Eun Lucas Kim get your little butt over here now."

"Stop making mommy mad and come on so we can see Appa."

We finally get into the building.

"Hello Mrs.Kim. How are you?"

"I'm good Mia. Me and the kids are here to visit Hongjoong."

"Why would you visit him when it's time for him to get out."

Really. My baby's getting out.

"Yes and all you do is let me see your ID and sign these papers and then he's ready to go."

Signing those papers made me nervous. I haven't got to touch him, love, or even make love to him in a whole year. Our kids haven't got to see him in a year. Lynden barely even knows him. I just can't wait to find him and love him again.

"Now can you have a seat and wait for him to come out."

Waiting for him makes me nervous. All the kids are excited to see their Appa. Hearing the door open I look up and see him.

BL: "Appa."

GB: "Daddy."

RW: "Appa."

I smile as the kids hug and kiss all over him. He smiles that beautiful smile I fell in love with.

 He smiles that beautiful smile I fell in love with

➺︎Hongjoong PoV➺︎
I missed them all so much. Being away from them for a whole year was horrible. I missed waking up to my kids waking me up.

I look up to see my wife. My beautiful, outstanding wife. The one who stood by my side even in court. The mother of my children.

I make my way over to her and pull her into a passionate kiss.

"Eww."
Pulling away from the kiss I wipe away her tears.

"Don't cry, baby."

"I can't help it. I missed you so much."

"Baby, I missed you too."

GB: "Mommy Lynden is crying."

"Lynden?"

"Our son. Our six-month-old son now."

"You got him. I thought they said we couldn't adopt him."

"Well, we did baby. Meet Kim Mason Lynden our son."

"Can I hold him."

"Of course you can baby you are his Appa."

Holding him makes me cry. He's so small yet so chubby. Another little Kim to our family.

"He's so small."

"Don't forget chubby."

I chuckle and kiss his chubby little cheek.

"Are you ready to go home baby?"

"Yes and I'm also ready to spend time with my family."

"Let's go."

(Later that night)
Being at home feels like old times. I missed watching movies and having family movie nights. I missed playing hide and go seek with my kids. I missed kissing my wife goodnight and good morning. I especially missed not being there for the first 6 months of Lynden's life.

"Baby are you ok."

"Yeah just happy to be home."

"Ok, I love you."

"I love you too baby."

y/n ends up falling asleep. I go check on the kids. Entering Bentley and Rowan's room I see Bentley tucking Rowan in. He's really growing up.

"Have you been helping out mommy while Appa was gone, buddy?"

"Yes, Appa. I helped cook and helped take care of Lynden, Gabbie, and Rowan."

"Appa is so proud of you buddy. I miss you and your siblings so much."

"I missed you too Appa. Can you read me a bedtime story please."

"Sure, buddy."

After reading him a bedtime story I kiss his and Rowan's forehead before going to Gabbie's room.

It's quiet in her room until Lynden started crying. I pick him and try to rock him back to sleep.

"Shh bubba before you wake up your sissy."

He quiets down and just looks at me before his eyes start to slowly flutter shut. I kiss his forehead and kiss Gabbie's before walking back to me and y/n's room.

I get into bed and kiss y/n's lips and hold her close to me.

"I'm so glad to be home with you and the kids. I never want to leave you guys again."

"We love you too joo."

Falling asleep that night made me glad to be back with my family.