Bad Decisions ✖ IX

Asia

Sunday | October 14, 2012 | 7:45:23 PM | Dinner With The Neverson's - Tucker's

Tremaine thought it would be a good idea to capture on camera something real with the family, take away the jewels, the creative scenery, expensive clothing and just be real . Probably the most sensible thing he's said to me this entire time to me . His mother and grandmother sat at the ends on the table while Forrest and Tremaine sat across from each other and Connie being the one who sat next to Trey, the food had just came out on the table and everyone gathered hands as I took pictures . After I got enough pictures of them laughing and carrying on like a regular family I put my camera aside and took the seat next to Forrest, again I asked myself why am I here ?

Besides having Sunday dinner with them I know damn well if I wasn't taking pictures for their wedding my ass wouldn't be here, I would be having dinner with my own mother enjoying myself in some sweatpants . So again that feeling of not belonging is back, this isn't my family . Being here isn't personal, it's all about business .

"Well I'll see you whenever, I'm tired I'm about to go ." I said placing my camera around my neck

"You sure you don't want to stay for desert, my grandma made pumpkin pie ." Tremaine asked with a smile

I thought about it for a minute "Nah, I'm good . Goodnight ."

"Hold on, I'll walk you out ."

I said goodnight to everybody as I headed to the door while Tremaine walked me to my car, he got into the passenger seat saying that he wanted to talk to me . I started up the car and turned on the heat as he started up the conversation .

"You okay ?" he asked

"Yeah I'm just tired ." I said nonchalantly

"Listen, about that day at the reunion ."

"Tremaine it's okay, you don't even have to go any further . Nothing happen so you have nothing to worry about, I had fun that day didn't you ?"

This was my first time talking to Trey since the family reunion, I had a feeling he would try to bring that up which proves that he was tempted to try something . But I don't want to talk about it, like I said we both just forgot for a moment where we were .

"Yeah I did ."

"Exactly, enough said ."

"I just wanted to make sure that you knew nothing was behind that ."

See usually I would just let shit slide right past me as being the new mature Asia but I'm so fucking tired of holding my tongue, if by saying what I want to say starts shit then I can't fucking help that . Maybe some shit needs to hit the fan in order for niggas to start being real and sincere around here .

"Bullshit ." I said turning up the heat a bit "Don't try and fade me out Tremaine, see your ass is trying to be slick right now . You knew from the moment you dragged me away from everybody at the family reunion what we were getting into, you know from the moment you ignored Connie calling you on the phone what you were getting into . Come on it's me your talking to, you don't have to walk on eggshells when you talk to me . If nothing was behind your actions then you wouldn't be in my car trying to apologize for it ."

"You overlooking the big picture though, I'm getting married next month . Being with you and having Connie around is very difficult for me now, if your ass wouldn't have told her that we were together at one point I wouldn't need to feel guilty about hanging out with you when my fiancé is wondering where the hell I am . If I tell her I'm going to be with you for the day she's going to think I'm cheating on her doing some shit I have no business doing, I'm just trying to keep both sides happy since we did have history together she think something is going to happen ."