Part 9: Purple Strands

Start from the beginning

Fly high, fly high
Open up your senses
Fly high, fly high
Open up your senses

Another color flashed in front of Jinyoung's eyes as he walked closer to where the music came from. Jinyoung's heart beating faster, he walked closer to the source of the sound, he could see a DJ set in front of him. But it was a bit dark, the light around the area was dimmed, someone was standing in front of the mixer, he couldn't see clearly.

Jinyoung could feel his heart beating along with the music. He felt... comfortable.

Thump, thump.

The beats sent him shivering with unfamiliar yet pleasing sensation. Jinyoung looked around him, some people holding their glasses, dancing along to the music. He wanted to dance along to, strange because Jinyoung did not know how to dance. Was it okay to just sway his body, following the rythm?

Thump.

Jinyoung saw a strand of color flying around. Another purple?

dallajyeo nan
dareun gamgak
neol deo weonage dwae
neomane saegeuro nal
chaeweoga jweo

ne mam aneseo
Feel so good, feel so good
jayuroi nara
You got me, I got you
That’s good

Jinyoung felt a bit suffocated. The music wrapped him, Jinyoung felt like he's being inside of a coccoon. Slowly, Jinyoung's eyes began to adapt to the darkness. He could see better now, Jinyoung walked passed some people. He moved closer to the DJ table. He didn't know, but he felt like he should move closer. Something was pulling him closer.

Jinyoung could see purple light from the DJ set, it sent a few strands loose. Jinyoung realized, those hair-like-strands were flying from the guy playing the music. What was it?

Jinyoung's heart beat faster when he recognize the silhouette of the man behind the DJ set.

Im Jaebeom was dancing with the music, his hands were busy with all the instruments in front of him but he was swaying, along with the music. Jinyoung gasped. He could see the the pale skin, those red lips, blue jeans, black suit- it's different than the usual black Jinyoung usually saw.

Jinyoung couldn't move his body. He was just standing in front of Im Jaebeom, staring at him dancing and singing to the music. Another strands was flying around Jinyoung when Im Jaebeom lifted his head, their eyes met. Jaebeom was wearing color lenses, his chorneas were purple.

Jaebeom's lips twitched, he gave Jinyoung a warm look and he smiled.

Thump.

Jinyoung couldn't even blink, he was just standing like a statue on his place. He knew he had to smile back but he was frozen.

"Jinyoung!!", suddenly someone shouted at him. Bambam held his glass high, smiling at Jinyoung who was still standing with blank expression. Bambam hugged Jinyoung tight, making the latter snapped.

"Thanks for coming man! Let's get you a drink!", Jinyoung could smell alcohol when Bambam talked.

Bambam dragged Jinyoung away from the DJ table, Jinyoung felt a bit sad. He wanted to stay forever in front of Im Jaebeom and see strands of colors flying around him, dancing when the speaker made thumping sound.

Bambam told Jinyoung to sit on the bar stool in front of the counter, less people there because majority of the guests were busy chatting or dancing to the music.

Jinyoung still couldn't concentrate when Bambam offered him drinks his ears were still focused on the DJ table.

"Nyoung!", Bambam snapped him back to reality, "you wanna drink or what?".