Chapter Four: School Shopping

After everyone got ready for the day, we all made our way to the living room

After everyone got ready for the day, we all made our way to the living room. Brielle was already there, sitting on the couch watching some cartoons on her IPad that my mom gifted her for her birthday last year. My mom was standing by the windowsill, with her phone pressed against her ear. She looked our way and held out a finger that signaled 'one minute'.

Belle went over to Brielle and Mason plopped down on the bean bag that was near the TV. Aurora was quickly typing something into her tablet. Camille was leaning against the wall with her eyes closed.

I looked at my mother, who just finished her phone call, "So, who are these kids we're supposed to be protecting."

She grabbed her laptop that was on the side table and connected it to the TV. Aurora, Camille and I took seats on the couch next to Belle.

An image then came up on the TV screen. It was a picture of three teenagers. Two guys and one girl.  The guy at the left looked slightly older than the other two, the girl in the middle and the guy at the right looked around the same age. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Belle looking at the picture with widened eyes. Weird.

Mom went up to the screen and pointed to the guy on the left, "This is Elijah Woods, the oldest of the three, he is nineteen years old and is currently in Italy for college. But I heard from his mother that he will be visiting in less then a week."

She then pointed to the girl in the middle, "This is Claire Woods, the youngest of the three, she is sixteen years old, and a junior in Redwood High, student body president of the student government."

"And finally," she pointed to the guy on the right, "this is Everett Woods, the middle child. He is seventeen years old and a senior in Redwood High."

"The Woods family have been receiving threats the past couple of months. From who, I have no idea. But whoever this person is, they're good. They don't leave any traces behind, and there is no way that we can track them," my mom sighed, "so the only solution was to send a team to protect the Woods siblings. The town of Redwood is only a ten minute drive from here. So I will be having Jameson drive you to school everyday."

"How long are we going to be attending this school," Mason spoke out.

"Until we can find the person who is behind the threats," she answered.

"Guess this will be a long mission," Camille muttered.

"Well, look on the bright side. You guys can socialise with other teenagers," Belle smiled.

Aurora looked at her like she was crazy, "Ew no,"

My mom's phone rang, she quickly answered and then stepped out of the room. I decided to get up to look closer at the picture on the TV.

The only thing that caught my eye in the photo was Everett. I had to admit, he was attractive. No doubt that he probably had girls chasing after him.