Ch.15// Let's Fly Away

Rich's POV
I was laying on my bed, Y/N's head on my chest and my arms around her. We were wrapped in blankets, watching (f/movie) and cuddling. She was fully invested in the movie, because it was her absolute favorite, but I was running my fingers through her hair, trying to figure how the heck to do a braid.

"Rich, what are you doing?" Y/N mumbled.
"Trying to braid." I frowned, still having no idea what I was doing.
She giggled making the corners of my mouth flip up.
"Want me to show you?" She asked, sitting up.
She turned around and smiled sweetly, kissing my nose. I kissed her forehead and she pulled a strand of red hair out from my bandana.

"Okay, so get a big piece like this, divide it into three equal pieces, and just weave them. In and out and up and down and in and out and up and down, like that. Its easy." She explained, weaving her fingers through my hair in front of my eyes.

I really just liked her playing with my hair, so I let her keep going.
"You want to try?" She asked.
I nodded. "Nah, you can just keep going."
She smirked and moved her fingers really fast, faster than I thought possible to braid hair.

Soon I had a few little braids peeking out from my green bandana, some red, some dirty blonde.
She looked proud, staring at my hair with a cocky smirk.
"You like it?" I asked her.
"Oh, very much so." She pulled out her phone and snapped a picture.

"Very funny." I rolled my eyes and pulled her down so she was back to laying on my chest.
She ran her fingers up and down my arm, making me shiver.
"Rich... a lot has happened these past few weeks. And I mean, a LOT."
I laughed nervously. "Yep." Where was she going with this?

"So, I was thinking... I'll be gettin my license soon. Maybe the two of us could, I don't know... go on a small trip or something? Just something small like that, just as a way to stop being apart so much."
Her eyes were pleading and wary looking, but I loved every word I was hearing. I was fully devoted to this girl and would go anywhere she'd take me.

"That sounds great." I assured her, kissing her forehead. She smiled with relief.
"Really, you don't think it sounds too... enigmatic?"
I nodded and hugged her close.
"It sounds great."

We sat in silence for a another minute, watching the TV. Just the feeling of her being there with me made all my wall break, and all my stress melt. I don't think I've ever had such strong feeling for anyone before.
But this was different. Not lust, like most feeling of this nature. It was so much more than that, and I knew it from the beginning.

"I love you." I whispered into her ear softly.
She wrapped her arms around my waist.
"I love you too Richard Goranski." She mumbled into my chest, her warm breath pressing through my shirt, onto my skin.

"I never want to be apart, ever again. Okay?"
Her eyes glazed over in worry. I smiled reassuringly.
"Okay." I said.
"Promise?"
"Yes, Y/N I promise." I laughed.
She stuck out her hand, her pinky in a hook.
"Pinky promise?" She smirked.
"Pinky promise."

.