Ch.6// Pinky Promise

Rich's POV
I was so happy.
Y/N Dillinger was finally my girlfriend.
Well... secret girlfriend.
Better than before, having to love her from afar.
Now I could love her to her face...
In hiding.

I sat slumped against the back wall of the left wing of the school. This side was the football field, and woods. Basically the most secluded part we could get to.
I heard some rustling around the corner, and a very out of breath Y/N came bustling around.
Her hair was flying every which way in the cold wind, and her backpack was sling across her shoulder.

She brushed her hair with her hand and smiled at me. She looked so pretty, her nose pink from the cold air, her smile beautiful.
"'Sup?" She said and walked towards me, throwing her backpack on the ground.
"Oh, just wanted to talk to you." I shrugged.

She smirked. "You could have talked to me i there."
I stepped towards her, wrapping arms around her waist, her arms around my neck.
"Maybe more than talk than."
She giggled and leaned into me, her lips connecting with mine.

Every kiss with her was an amazing moment, to be savored. The gentle feeling of her lips on mine, the sweet smell of her hair, the warmth of her hands in my hair. I held her closer, and she
A. Stood on her toes
B. Leaned down
to reach me better. She was so cute.

I pulled away and her eyes locked with mine, her gorgeous (e/c) eyes.
"Let's ditch." She whispered.
"What?"
"Let's ditch."

She grabbed my wrist and started dragging me away towards the woods.
"Come on." She giggled.
I would go anywhere with her, so I let my feet drag me along as I watched her tumbling through the trees with purpose.
It was like she was following a path, a path only she could see.

Eventually we ran out from the dense trees, and out into a parking lot.
I looked around and saw we were at the back of  a 7/11. I didn't even know this was here.
"Best slushies ever, right here. Promise."
"Pinkie promise?" I stuck my finger out and she hooked it with hers.
"Pinky promise."

We strolled inside and the fluorescent light offered a somewhat comforting environment, combined with the isles of snack food.
She immediately made her way to the back, flashing a peace sign at the girl working the counter.
"Cherry, please." She said, leaning against the counter.
The worker smiled and tossed a cup into the air, catching it with the other hand.
"You betcha. He want one?" She gestured towards me.

"I-uh... Cherry, also."
The worker stared at Y/N and the smirked at each other.
"So ya'll know each other well then?"
They laughed and high-fived.
"Heck ya we do." The worker said.
She stuck her hand out to me and smiled.
"(Best friend's name). You?" She asked.

I smiled.
"Rich. Nice to meet you (B/F)."
She flipped the cup into the machine and poured it to the very top.
After getting out drinks and having a light conversation with (B/F), we headed out into the parking lot, making our way back to the school.

"Don't want to be gone too long. Jake'll freak."
She explained.
Jake was starting to be a real buzzkill, but only when he wasn't here.
Weird.

"These are really good." I said, sipping my drink.
Y/N jumped up and stomped on a big twig, breaking it with a satisfying snap!
"I told you. Pinky promise."
Yah, pinky promise.

.