Ch.11// We Broke Him

Rich's POV
I was almost scared to come to school.
I don't know where Y/N and Jake went, but they weren't at the house last night.
I had wrapped my nose in bandages, because I think it might have been broken (at the most).

My whole face hurt, but most of all my heart hurt. I knew Jake would get mad, but I completely betrayed his trust. I'm a terrible friend.

I freaking dated his sister. Behind his back.
I suck.
But I love her too much, and I can't lose her. So at some point he's going to have to deal. But right now, I'm giving him as much space and time as he needs.

I walked into school, and immediately got some stares.
"Ohmygod Rich what happened?" Jenna squeaked.
I rolled my eyes.
"Go away pleathe."
This stupid swollen nose was messing me up.

I saw Jake standing at his locker, and felt the need to go talk to him.
"Lithen man. I wanted to let you know how thorry I am. I went behind your back, and betrayed your trutht. If you want me to back the hell off, I totally get it. I'll give you all the thpace you need, okay?" I stood by him warily.

He grimaced at me.
"You don't worry about staying away from me. You stay away from Y/N, or I'll kick your ass."
There was so much venom in his voice I couldn't speak.
"I mean it. You made me hurt my little sister, I should hurt you right now. You have anything to say to her, it goes through me. Got it?"

He brushed past me, knocking his shoulder against mine.
My heart stung worse than ever now.
I wanted so badly to speak to Y/N, anything.
But I couldn't.
So I wrote a note,
The spot. And dropped it in her locker.

I got a note later.
Art room.
I practically ran to the art room, my feet floating.
When I stepped in, I saw a meek figure sitting at a table. Her hood was up over her face, but I knew it was her.

"Y/N." I sighed with relief. I went and sat down by her.
She looked up, and her hair was splayed out over most of her face. She looked scared.
"Listen, I love you. I love you so much.
But I have to do this, for Jake. I'm sorry." She said, quickly and quietly.
She held my hand squeezing it, I could barely make out the pleading look in her eye through her hood.

I reached up to brush her hair away, but she ducked away.
"What'th going on, are you okay?" I asked.
She stared at me blankly.
"No I'm not okay. I broke my brother yesterday. He really cares about me, and I hurt him. I love you, but I love him too and I need to help him right now."
She seemed frustrated. I squeezed her hand back. This had to be really tough for her. I understood that.

"I underthand. I'm thorry."
She sighed.
"It's not your fault. Just... I love you. Okay?"
"I love you too." I smiled.
She stood up and her hood fell back, revealing a multicolored splotch around her eye.
It was a dark purple/green/blue bruise, making her pupil the only thing visible through it.

She quickly covered it with her hood and did her nervous-laugh thing.
"We broke him." I sighed.
"Yah. I need to fix him. You can help, by just... staying away from me."
I nodded. It wasn't meant to be harsh, it was just necessary.
"Love you so much." She leaned down and kissed my lips sweetly.
I savored the feeling and she stepped out.
I rested my chin on my hand, fidgeting in my seat.

I broke my best friend.
Maybe my girlfriend.
His sister.
Ugh I had a stomach-ache.

.