21 | Welcome Back

Start from the beginning

"You don't even hike." Jay said.

"Shut it, Halstead."

"What about you, Antonio?"

"Yeah. Snowmobiling, ice fishing, meth labs. It's paradise." Toni shrugged.

"You're not helping." Jay glared at him. He looked to me but I shrugged.

"All right, everybody, a warm Intelligence welcome to Dan Jenkins. He's here to school us in the fine art of.."

"Taser certification." Dan said.

"Taser certification. That sounds like a ball."

"No offense, big homey, but we're not really the tasering type of department."

"Well, I'm not really the want to be here type of cop, but the CPD says it's mandatory. You don't like it, take it up with the superintendent."

"Hey, it's all good with me."

"Uh, you're in this too, Sergeant."

"I'll just stick to tickling perps to death." Hank said, smirking and walking in his office.

"You're free to go ask him again." Toni said.

"Will Rogers obviously never met Sergeant Voight. All right, then, the rest of you gather around. Give me your names for the certification."

"Hey, how long is this gonna take?" Adam asked.

"You got a date?"

"Yes, I do, actually." Dan looked at him, pulling the taser out of the box.

"The X26 sends 50,000 volts through these two prongs. It disrupts the electrical communication between your nerves and your neural transmitters. You want to make contact with the torso, which is shoulders, pelvis, abdomen, groin; S-P-A-G."

"Come on, man, let's get on with it, all right?" Adam rushed.

"Due time, due time. Now, you all need to be tasered to be certified. It is completely harmless, but you will know what it feels like to be juiced, which will allow you to definitively testify in court on the reaction to the electrical expos-"

"Yeah, we get it, man, okay? We get it."

"Oh, good, a volunteer." Dan grabbed Adam's shoulder, tasing him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, oh."

"That was worth the price of admission." Jay laughed.

"You're next." Dan stared at Jay.

"Come on, man."

"I volunteer to tase him." Erin said.

"Okay, I mean, this doesn't seem, like, official enough."

"Where do you want it? S-P-A or G?" Erin smiled.

"Shoulders." Jay said.

"G."

"G."

"G, G." Toni and Kevin yelled. Erin smirked.

"Don't you dare." Jay glared.

She tased him in his groin area. I've never felt more bad for Halstead. Toni helped him up and to a seat. I got him some ice; he put in on his lap, glaring at Erin.

"Alright, you're next." Dan said to Kevin.

Kevin tried to prep himself but Dan did it suddenly. Toni held on to Kevin as he dropped, hitting the mat hard.

"As you see, the bigger they are, the harder they drop. 50,000 volts is nothing to sniff at." Dan looked across the room to Adam who was so focused on his phone.