CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Börja om från början

"Oh! Let's go then, I'll help and then we all eat," Ruwaida smiled as she walked to the door but then, stopped and turned, only to see Zarah still standing in the positions she'd been, only that now, she'd a shocked expression.

"What do you mean 'we? I'm not joining you two, in fact, I want to go back to sleep, my class is by 10 AM and it's already 8:30 abeg," she shook her head and walked passed Ruwaida, waiting not for her reply. She can't just sit along with the newly weds and expect everything about her day to be normal.

Ruwaida nevertheless closed the door and walked to the dinning, finding Muhammad already taking up the platter spoon to serve himself. And when he saw her, he looked a bit embarrassed that he was about to eat without waiting for her, tho, that's the absolute opposite he hears his friends say they do.  "Oh! I'm sorry I started without you,"

Ruwaida fiddled with her hands as she walked to the table. "It's okay, am...I'll serve,"

Muhammad hastily shook his head and picked an empty plate from the basket brought by Zarah, then served Ruwaida with the fried chips, onion source with a flat topping of fried egg. "Come on, have a sit," she nodded affably and then took the sit by his left. Seeing that he was yet to pour himself something, she took up the flask and conveyed the two mugs to herself.

"I'll like coffee, please," she smiled nervously and then looked down at the table. She sure knows coffee, but she's absolutely clueless on how to make it, and instead of asking, she found herself scanning the container, as if she'll see a 'how to make' written somewhere, but it seemed like luck isn't on her side.

"Ya Turaad," He stopped eating and slowly looked up. "Could you show me how to use the coffee maker?," Muhammad stifled back his mocking smile, wiped his hands with the tissue and then stood up.

"Sure! You don't drink coffee do you?," She nodded as she followed behind him into the kitchen. She placed down the grounded coffee container on the counter and watched as he plugged it in then started demonstrating amusingly. "Here now, I'm going to add a cup of water, that's it! Then the filter, now I'll...," They both yawed their gazes from the maker to the door, the banging continuously, and wouldn't be called pleasant.

Muhammad grunted audibly, then marched to the door, hoping it isn't Baba Saidu. The gateman of theirs that wouldn't stop taking about everything and nothing, it doesn't matter if it concerns him or not, he'll still talk about it. He opened the door and he became astonished seeing an angrily looking Mama. He slowly moved away as she walked in, knowing that certainly something is a miss.

"Ina kwana Mama," Ruwaida stood up straight from leaning on the container and walked to greet her mother-in-law. "Ina Kwana,"

"Lafiya lau, how are you my dear," Mama smiled as she tried to mask up the real emotions she's feeling. She never expected Muhammad to disappoint her so much but then, in some way, it wasn't all his fault.

"I'm good Mama, Alhamdulillah,"

"That's good to here, Muhammad, I'll like to talk to you...now!," she suddenly sounded meticulous, and then without anyone's permission, sauntered into the living room.  Muhammad glanced over at a skeptical looking Ruwaida before joining Mama in the parlor.

"Gani Mama. (Mama I'm here),"

"Sit,"

He calculatively obliged and sat on the green fluffy rug that stipulated the moderate living room. "I hope there's nothing wrong Mama, you look worried,"

"Why didn't you tell me about your wife? Hm?," Muhammad felt his limbs sore, and his throat aching to say something in defense, but he knew he's wrong. He had so many times tried to inform Mama about Ruwaida's leukemia, but every single time he tries, something comes up and waver away his confidence. And now that she has found out, he had no shielding from her anger. "Kayimun magana (talk to me) and stop staring at the floor kamar wanda yay sata,"

"I wanted to tell you Mama, believe me, but it always skips my mind, please forgive me if you can,"

"I understand, so you didn't think it necessary to inform me? Your own mother?, am I non existent in you life now?,"

Mama sighed and stood up, totally taking him off guard. She went back to the kitchen and met Ruwaida facing the sink as she hiccuped. He also rushed into the kitchen, and seeing Mama hugging his wife, it warmed his heart, tho, he couldn't fathom Ammi's reaction when she find out. At least, Mama had always stood by him.

Love_
SilentWriter 🦋