Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

Blossom eventually gets too tired for me to be able to persuade her to skate anymore, and since I only requested fifteen minutes of skating from her, a limit we had far surpassed, I help her off of the ice without a complaint. I assist her in taking her skates off as well after I take my own off, leaving her to put her shoes on as I bring our skates back to the rental place.

When I return, I find Blossom seated on one of the benches, her hair up in a ponytail and her hat no longer on her head. She's wearing the cherry blossom earrings that I had just given her for Christmas and I can see her necklace around her neck as well.

When we make eye contact she grins and waves at me, standing up from her seat. I then watch as she reaches into the pocket of her jacket, pulling out her charm bracelet and her two rings.

"You've given me a complete collection of jewelry. I love it," she says softly, amusement dancing in her eyes as she slips the ring with my name on it onto her right hand and her promise ring onto her left hand.

I now take her charm bracelet from her hand, fastening it around her wrist. She gives me a grateful smile, squeezing my hand firmly as I link my fingers through hers.

"Let's go get you your hot chocolate and then we can sit down and wait for everyone, all right, sweetheart?" I ask her, tugging her close to my side.

She gives me a small smile and a nod of her head and so I tug her along, towards the Tim Hortons nearby. I order her drink for her and watch in amusement as she reaches for her pocket to retrieve money as I knew damn well that I was going to pay for it myself.

It only became more entertaining when she realised that she has absolutely no money on her. She shoots me a timid smile as she watches me grab my own wallet, kissing me on the cheek as I hand the cashier a five dollar bill. I drop some of the change into the tip box before tucking my wallet back into my pocket, watching Blossom's smile widen as she takes the cup of hot chocolate from the worker, thanking her before she reaches for my hand.

She skips along beside me as we head back to the skating rink, sipping from her hot chocolate as we walk. "Thank you, Bryce," she whispers to me.

Before I get a chance to reply, Jasmine and Jordan are walking towards us briskly.

Well, actually, Jasmine is dragging Jordan along as if he's a small fucking child, which he sort of is.

"Those earrings are new, aren't they? And so is that bracelet! Is that what you bought her for Christmas, Bryce?" Jasmine asks, barely giving Blossom any space as she examines her earrings closely.

Blossom bites her lip. "Yes, they are. He bought me a bracelet too. And tickets to see a musical together. And a ring," she exclaims, giggling as she holds up her right hand for both Jordan and Jasmine to see.

They take one look at the ring she's wearing with my name on it before they both glare at me.

Judgemental motherfuckers.

"You're willingly wearing a ring that says that bastard's name on it?" Jordan asks Blossom, nodding his head towards me.

Blossom's smile dims the slightest bit and I instantly want to punch Jordan in the fucking face for it.

"Why wouldn't I want to wear a ring that says his name?" she asks, a genuine question.

Jordan and Jasmine make eye contact for a moment but Jordan is still the one to answer as he says, "I don't know, Lexi. You and Bryce just seem to be really possessive over one another. I know it's because you love each other a lot, but it's just . . . shocking sometimes."