cheater

a/n
warning: angst

you lay on the couch and cried while looking at the black lace thong that you knew was not yours. david was out without you most nights, and he was usually so angry with you for no reason all the time. but it wasn't until you saw the panties that it really hit you what was happening: he was cheating on you.

you of course couldn't completely confirm it until you could question david, but what was he gonna do? deny it? you had all the evidence right in front of you. now all you had to do was sit and wait.

you sat on the couch and cried for hours before david finally came stumbling through the door at 2 am. you looked at him from the couch and it took him a second to realize that you had been crying.

"babe, what's wrong?" he asked tiredly and he stumbled towards you.

you got off the coach and made your way towards him. "this is what's wrong," you said as you shoved the thong at his chest. he examined it for a moment before he realized what he was holding, then his face went cold.

"where did you find that," he asked with no look of sympathy on his face.

"it doesn't matter," you replied crossing your arms, still trying to hold back tears, "who is she."

he looked at the floor not being able to make contact, then he looked back up and you could tell he was trying to hold back tears.

"it doesn't matter, i ended it," is all he said.

"doesn't matter? DOESN'T MATTER?! of course it matters!" you yelled with tears now streaming down your face. "david..... who. is. she." you now said through gritted teeth.

david now had tears streaming down his face too. he didn't make eye contact as he spoke, ".....it was liza."

those three words made you crack. "i'm leaving," is all you said as you grabbed your phone and purse and made your way towards the door. you walked out the door to the pitch black sky and the pouring rain, trying to find your keys in you purse.

"y/n wait!" david called as he ran out the door after you.

you sped up your pace, almost running now, to your car parked outside the gate.

"y/n, can you just stop for one second?" david yelled. you ignored him and kept walking.

"y/n-" you felt him grab your arm and you were whipped around.

"what do you want david?! we're through, i never want to see you again."

you both were soaked now from the rain, the only good thing is that it covered up your tears.

"i ended it after i realized you were the only one for me. i never wanted to go back to liza after i realized how guilty it made me feel. she's not you, please forgive me, i love you."

he grabbed your cheeks and brought you into a kiss. you didn't kiss back.

"i'm sorry david... but i don't think i can ever trust you again. don't call me."

and with that, you got and your car and drove away. you could still see david in your rear view mirror, just watching you go, as he knew he would probably never see you again.

a/n
omigod i'm so sorry for this sad one.
also i'm sorry that i don't update as much as i used to anymore:(
i love this book, so i'm gonna try to continue with it at least until the new year:) anyways, thanks for 16k reads, i love y'all💞

-addie