Apart - breaking point

Mulai dari awal

I was avoiding video calling with him because I felt like I looked like a mess. I just didn't feel confident enough to look him in the eye when he would video call me. I felt like he knew something was wrong, but we never had time to get into it. 

Nowadays, every time we talk, I am so close to break and cry out everything that has been happening to me. Even my mom tried to reach me couple of times after Lynn left, just as Lynn was messaging but I never answered to either of them. I wasn't in a place for more drama on my mom's side nor chit-chat with Lynn.

"Hey," I smiled as I answered the phone.

"Avery... have you checked your twitter lately?" he asked sounding bothered.

I pressed my lips pulling my leg up onto the couch under me.

"No." I lied.

"Oh... fuck, good..."

"Why?" I asked uncertain.

"Nothing, just... you know some motherfucker trolling me again, but Olivia took care of it," his voice angry.

"What happened?" I asked as I opened my laptop to check twitter.

"Nothing, it was some leaked picture; don't worry about it," he breathed.

I just nodded as I saw that the picture where I have been tagged is not online anymore. Sighing, I leaned back on the couch.

"How are you, my beautiful?" he calmed and by his words I just looked up to the ceiling as tears gathered in my eyes.

"I miss you," I whispered. "So much."

"I know, baby. I miss you too."

"Do you?" It just slipped out and I gulped squeezing my eyes.

"What kind of a question is that?" he asked, surprise in his voice. "I do miss you. Every damn day."

I just kept my eyes closed. I didn't know what to answer.

"Av, I know something's up with you and I was patient; I tried to give you time to talk, but that's it. Over. Spit it out!" he demanded frustrated.

"Jared, don't worry about me, please."

"You ARE making me worry. After every fucking depressed phone call all I wanna do is to get on the next plane to you just to slap the shit out of you then hug you tight and let you know we're going to be alright. Because we ARE!" he reassured, sighing to calm himself. "You saw that fucking twitter post, haven't you?" his tone demanded the truth.

"I did..." I cried. "This... this person has been harassing me since you left... They were the one messing with your car..." I admitted sobbing.

"Shit. That's it. I want you to get on the next airplane out of there, understand?"

I just cried giving up, rubbing the tears away from my eyes.

"Avery, did you fucking understand?" desperate anger dominated in his voice as his shout filled my ears.

"I can't leave my work... I..."

"This is not a fucking game, how the fuck could you keep this away from me? Are you out of your mind? This is serious and police has to be involved!"

"I don't... I didn't think this would..."

"I'll have Olivia book you a flight and if she can't find anything for the next 3 days, I'm sending the jet; and don't even dare to argue! You are so fucking stupid!" his mad voice just made me cry even more.

"I'm so sorry..."

"I'm sending Shannon over."

"No, Jared please..."