arc 2.ch 22

At the snow mountain

Coldness makes Xu Lanyun Shiver to the bone. he coughed up blood many times as he recieve endless blows from the Dragon. He knelt on the ground, but his sword was still on his grip, with a mind full of haziness his mind already went somewhere else and it looks like as if only his body is in there and not his soul. The dragon laughed as he saw the boy helpless infront of him. He refused to believe. If this kid is truly the real heir, why would he lose in this simple strikes he gave?

"You are truly pathetic!"

"how could this sword recognized you as its master?" he sneered and gazed at the sword he didn't pay attention to the boy anymore. however, to Xu Lanyun although his mind was still hazy and was slowly drifting apart from the reality, he still managed to hear the dragon's voice.

'what does he mean? a heir?'

'i just want to get the sword and give it to my master... if it was on my shizun's hand..  he will surely be strong and everyone will kneel down on him..'

a moment of silence passed but the dragon who was lying down and gazing at the sword quickly got alarmed when he sensed something terrifying. it was the aura of the man he hated. the man who put him on his position now. it's none other than his own brother, the demon king.

the peaceful white pure snow turned into red as blood and poured down with a very fast speed. and dyed the surrounding in a very fast speed. it is now as sharp as thin needles and was powerful enough to shred a human into nothing. not even his bone would be left. the wind blew hard and carried the strong scent of blood. there is no mistaking it, it was like the demon king when he was making appearance towards others.   the dragon looked back and saw the child holding on the sword tightly with his head turn down. he slowly paced forward to the dragon with his weak body. when his head finally turned up, his face shows no emotion and his eyes are now crimson-red in color. there is no glow neither life in it, it is the eye of the devil.

a surge of anger rises up from the dragon as he quickly dodge the powerful, neat attacks of the child. Xu Lanyun launched attacks ,many times without any pattern at all and was only relying on his own pure instinct. however this pure instinct was still formidable and cultivators with high ranks might even lose to it, even him. 

the fight continues with only one being offensive and the other one being defensive. soon, they were caught on a deadlock. the dragon's shard claws are on the child's neck while Xu Lanyun's sword was about to stabbed him. both sides were panting and the dragon took this opportunity to ask the unconcious yet standing child.

'JUST EXACTLY... WHO ARE YOU?!"

at last the question that he keep on asking earlier was now answered. not by the child but by a man behind them. his voice is deep and cold but this voice is something that he heard many ages ago. "who would he be other than the demon king's son? it's been such a long time Xue Rong."

he tilted his head to look back and saw a man clad in black. the man's inky,smooth hair is flowing down to his waist. his arms are crossed as he lean on a thick wall of ice. Xue Rong was shocked,his eyes bulging wide. his hands that was on the child's neck loosened, "liu wei...."

"en. it is nice to see you again uncle."

however, after ending his sentence, Xue Rong acted as if he gone mad. Xu Lanyun stopped attacking him. the child stood there silently with his head down.

"STOP IT STOP IT!!! DON'T CALL ME WITH THAT NAME ANYMORE! AHHHHHH!!!! DON'T APPROACH ME!!!" Liu Wei laughed at him coldly.

"where is the so called cold and mighty snow ruler of the demon world? who is this man standing infront of me? a shadow of the past?"

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP!! IF IT IS NOT FOR THAT FUCKING BROTHER OF MINE, I WILL NEVER BE HERE!!!" 

Liu WEi only sneered, looking rather disgusted, "it is your fault. why not just admit it to yourself? you fell in misery because YOU ARE WEAK"

"AHHHHH!!!! DON'T SPEAK ANYMORE!!!!"

Xu Lanyun heard a man yelling, his conciousness is slowly returning back. when he looked up he saw a man with white hair acting as if it went mad. infront of that man is Liu Wei, spoking cold and ridiculing the man.

'if i launch an attack now... he won't notice right?' with that thought on his mind, he thrust the sword into the man without any hesitation in his heart, truth to be told, he doesn't care about this man at all. but due to their agreement earlier, he spared him. thinking about it, this beast is strong. it will be capable of protecting his shizun. he will be in a good use.

"h..hey, i won. tell me your real name."

blood came out from Xue Rong's lips. the veins in his hand is popping out and he is shaking uncontrollably.he was defeated? by who? by this wench?

"do not lie or you will perish." Liu Wei said.

"a..am i not p-perishing enough? IS TURNING ME INTO A BEAST TO BECOME A DOG AND LOCK ME IN THIS PLACE IS ENOUGH? IS KILLING MY WIFE AND CHILDREN FOR FUN TO THE KING ENOUGH?" then tears fell down to his cheeks. he sob uncontrollably. is loving a human a sin? a sign of being weak? the answer remains unknown to him.

"it is not your fault at all. everyone have someone they need to trample on in order to go on. this world will never function completely if there is no one who will suffer and carry the pain of the world. however do not let yourself be the one who will carry the burden. live. shizun  told that to me once while he was smiling not caring about the world at  all. have a reason to live. even if it is revenge." Xu Lanyun said as he smile.

Xue Rong's tears stopped falling. the water that is flowing down instantly froze,turned into ice and soon crumble into tiny pieces. he clenched his fist. smiling he said,  "that master of yours is truly full of wisdom."

"i am Xue Rong"

Xu Lanyun removed the sword that is piercing Xue Rong's chest. he put his hands to the man's head. "well then, Xue Rong, be my master's  magical beast. we together will seek revenge towards my father."

"thank you"

afterwards, Xu Lanyun went near the sword with his right hand, he pulled it out effortlessy. a blinding light shone the whole place. both Liu Wei and Xue Rong covered their eyes due to the extreme light. when it finally disappeared,