Oᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 14ᴛʜ 2004

Unedited!

Johnny walked down to the look, admiring the stars. As he walked he saw the blue grey sky turn into dark blue, yet every time his eyes scanned the blue grey he seemed to paint it a blazing orange.

He tripped over his feet, that's what he gets for not paying attention. He sighed looking at the floor, it looked sad and empty. Maybe it just wanted a hug. Johnny wanted a hug, maybe the floor did too but seeing a boy hugging the floor would look weird so he continued to walk.

He had planned to go to Bucks with Dally after hanging out but Dally was mad at him. The boy sighed and looked up again only to see no stars, "Looks like it's gonna rain.." he mumbled he couldn't go to the Curtis house since Pony was about five minutes late for curfew but he was pretty sure Darry still got mad. Two-bits and Steve was an absolute no and Dally..well Dally was mad. "Guess I'll have to sleep in the rain.." he mumbled, kicking a rock.

He finally made it to the lot and decided he'd fall asleep quickly, hoping he wouldn't have the fell the rain in his sleep. He found a extra coat and used that as a blanket, he slept under a tree as well hoping it would cover most of the rain. But it was a cold night and Johnny was still freezing, but eventually he fell asleep.

He woke up late at night to some water dripping on his face, the water soon doubled and Johnny sat up. He definitely wouldn't be able to sleep this out. He decided that the Curtis would be a good idea since he was pretty sure Darry, Soda, And Pony were already asleep.

He ran to the Curtis house, slipping once in a while. After about a minute he finally made it, he opened the door and quickly got in, closing it. He saw someone sleeping on the couch and frowned, well there went that.

"Johnny?" He heard a groggy voice ask, just as he reached over to grab the doorknob. He turned around, trying to make out the figure, that was now sitting up, he quickly realized it was Dally. "H-Hey Da-ally" he responded, his voice shaking because of how cold he was. "Don't tell me you tried sleeping out in the lot with that storm." He heard Dally say, trying not to wake anyone up. "It was just a little rain." Johnny mumbled in response.

Dally sighed and got up, he tugged Johnny to the couch, "C'mon sit down. I'll get you some dry clothes. You ain't sleeping in those." Dally said, as he stuck his hand under the couch digging out a suitcase the gang had stored there.(They slept there often so they kept clothes inside for emergencies.) "I-I already used my last pair last week remember? It's fi-ine anyways, they're n-not th-That wet." Johnny whispered, "Not that wet? Johnny they're soaking! And you're obviously freezing." Dally whispered back, trying not to yell. Dally eventually dug out one of his t-shirts, pajama pants, and a jacket, he handed them to Johnny. "Here these should work." Normally we would've argued saying how they weren't his and he didn't want to cause trouble for the other person but he was freezing so he mumbled a quick thanks before going to change.

He came out of the bathroom, the pants were too baggy and the shirt was too lose but he was warm so he didn't complain. Dally tried making some room, but there wasn't much he could do "Here you can sleep on the couch next to me." Dally said as Johnny fiddled with the hem of the gray T-shirt "A-Are you sure? What if I don't let you sleep?"
Dally shook his head, "I'm sure, I'm sure." He replied laying down and pulling Johnny down as well and on instinct he wrapped his arms around Johnny's waist. At first Johnny stiffened in surprise. But eventually he relaxed and leaned his head against Dallys chest. "Goodnight, Johnny Cakes."
"Goodnight Dally."