Chapter Twenty-Two: Rematch Part 1.

"Did we get them all?" Bruce asked as Jacqueline joined them on the platform. Jacqueline looked at everyone and started shaking her head.

"You telling me this'll actually work?"Rhodey asked in disbelief. The group suddenly stop and Jacqueline wrapped her arms around Steve buried her head in his shoulder knowing who was missing.

"Clint, where's Nat?" Bruce asked Clint as he started walking off the platform. Bruce collapsed to the ground and Jacqueline sniffled as Steve wrapped his arms around her tighter. Tony, Steve, Thor, Clint, Bruce, and Jacqueline stood by the lake talking about Natasha. Jacqueline wiped another tear as they talked.

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked.

"Yeah. Us." Jacqueline said looking at Tony.

"What?" Thor seemed confused about their conversation.

"I just asked them a question..." Tony said just as confused.

"Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right?" Thor said with a slight laugh before growling at the others. "So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together."

"We can't get her back." Clint said still trying to recover.

"Wha- what?" Thor said softly.

"It can't be undone. It can't." Clint repeated. Thor laughed dryly before continuing.

"I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And "can't" seems very definitive don't you think?" Thor said humored.

"Look, I know that I'm way outside my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?" Clint said turning his attention to Thor.

"Now that's my point..." Thor started but was interrupted.

"It can't... be undone. Or that's at least what the, great floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him? Okay? Go grab your hammer, and you go fly and you talk to him." Clint's strained voice quickly turned to anger then straight to grief. "It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamned stone. She bet her life on it." Jacqueline quickly pressed herself to Steve when in a fit of rage Bruce threw the bench from the dock into the lake. He turned to the group and walked towards them.

"She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to." Jacqueline said knowing what Bruce was going to say.

"We will." Steve said as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. Jacqueline pressed a kiss to Steve's cheek then followed Tony into the lab. While the boys worked on getting all the stones out of their containers, Jacqueline finished the glove. She added a few of her own nano-tech. Once the four were staring at it Rocket spoke.

"Boom!" he said startling the other three. Everyone gathered in the other room as the group brought it in.

"All right. The glove's ready." Jacqueline said as she looked at everyone.

"Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket asked from her shoulder before he hopped down.

"I'll do it." Thor said standing making Jasper jump off his lap. This made everyone move to stop him at once.

"No, no, no, whoa. Stop. Stop. Wait a sec. Hey, hey..." Everyone's voice started to clash.

"Wait, wait, wait, Thor, just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." Steve said stopping Thor.