Chapter Eighteen: Her Last Battle?

Jacqueline sighed and sat down. Peter walked over and sat next to her.

"You okay Pete?" She asked looking at him.

"You can hold your breath for seven minutes?" Peter asked making her shake her head and laugh.

"I'm sorry. It's been bothering me for a while now."

"Yes I can." She said smiling at him.

"How?" Peter looked so fascinated. Jacqueline rubbed her arm and sighed.

"My father would throw me in bodies of water with my feet and hands chained so I could learn to escape anything. You learn how to hold your breath or you drown." Jacqueline said softly.

"Is everything cool about you have a super sad backstory?" Peter asked with a frown.

"That's what happens when you come from abuse." Jacqueline said. "You can tell just by looking at someone how much the have been through. Some just take a longer glance than others." Peter looked at her then hugged her tightly. Jacqueline looked down at him in confusion then wrapped an arm around him.

"It doesn't take a long look to know that you have suffered but you have all of us so maybe you don't have to suffer any longer." Peter said.

"Only cause you are here Peter." She said making him smile happily. Tony smirked at her response.

"You've become very docile in your maturity." Tony said as Peter rested his head on her shoulder. "Or is it just maternal instincts?"

"Have a kid and you will figure it out." She said as she stood up.

"It's hard to believe you are the same person who accidentally shoved me off the balcony of the tower." Tony said making her shrug as Peter looked between them quickly.

"What can I say? Weapon malfunction." Was all Jacqueline had to say on the point. A beeping noise made Peter stand up next to Jacqueline and follow Tony towards the controls.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter asked trying to look around Jacqueline.

"I think we're here." Dr. Strange said as Jacqueline stopped next to Tony.

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function. Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?" Tony said looking at Jacqueline who rolled her eyes and nodded. Jacqueline equipped her Nano-tech as she stuck her arm in the stirring. "This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta to move at the same time." Peter watched as Jacqueline and Tony worked in sync but not in sync enough neither notice the Jack looking object to their right and the side of the ship got clipped by it. Tony put up his face mask, Jacqueline completely covered herself in her tech, Peter threw on his helmet. The one that really saved them was Dr. Strange, who created a Shield of the Seraphim around them. Dr. Strange helped Tony up while Jacqueline climbed to her own feet.

"You alright? That was close. I owe you one." Tony said to Dr. Strange before looking at Jacqueline. She nodded at him and he sighed in relief. Peter appeared between them hanging from the roof.

"Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I end up eating you, I'm sorry." Peter said annoying Tony and making Jacqueline roll her eyes.

"I don't wanna hear another single pop culture out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?" Tony said pointing at Peter.

"I'm trying to say that... something is coming." A grenade rolled into their view and Jacqueline quickly kicked it back the direction it came from. From that moment all hell broke loose as a yell sounded from a group of people.