Chapter Sixteen: A Warm Welcome

A/N: Sorry for such a late update. I've been trying to get this up all day and nothing has gone right but its finally up. School is over and I'm on summer break so updates should come faster now that I'm off. I hope you all enjoy this chapter!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacqueline hugged Sam then Steve. Steve looked at the bump that Jacqueline was now sporting. After they took off once they were all rested up, Sam and Steve would drop in every once in a while. It had been 4 months since Germany.

"You sure you're gonna be okay without us?" Steve asked.

"Yes. Bucky will be up in a couple days and I haven't see T'Challa in a couple days but I assume he just got caught up. Besides I've been surviving this long I'll be fine." Jacqueline said putting a hand on her back.

"Yeah but you're in the end of your 7th month. You remember what happened with your mother?" Sam pointed out making Jacqueline nod.

"What happened with you're mother?" Steve asked.

"My mom never made it all the way through the 8th month. She had me early and almost died giving birth to me. Before me my mom lost 2 kids halfway through the 8th month." Jacqueline explained. Everyone silently stood as if they were waiting for something. "I'll be fine, Daddy."

"We can stay for a little longer if you need." Steve said looking at her with concern. Jacqueline smiled and gently pressed a kiss to Steve's cheek.

"I'll be fine Stevie." Jacqueline said as she smiled at them. The guys left and Jacqueline walked back into the house. She walked up to the spared room and checked on Bucky. She felt the baby kick as she sat by Bucky's bedside. Jacqueline smiled at the small kick and took Bucky's hand placing it on her stomach where the kicking was. "I hope you can feel her kick. She's strong. Kicks my bladder every morning 2 am on the dot." Jacqueline laughed and smiled. "Please wake up." A knock on the door made her sigh. "Just a minute." Jacqueline reached the front door and opened it to see a bloody T'Challa.

"Hey daily check in." He huffed with a smile as her eyes widened.

"Oh my god." Jacqueline said pulling T'Challa into the house. After Jacqueline had finished helping T'Challa, she set a cup of coffee on the table and a glass of water.

"I panicked and got down here as soon as I could Mama and Shuri are taking care of what they can without me." T'Challa said as he quickly got up to help Jacqueline sit down.

"Killmonger? Why does it sound familiar?" Jacqueline asked as she rested a hand on her stomach.

"His name is Erik Stevens. He was US military from Oakland, California." T'Challa said.

"Erik?" Jacqueline asked. "He was here. I haven't seen Erik since we found one of the main bases in Afghanistan." ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The sunset is only perfect when the sea is its horizon." Travis whispered to Jacqueline.

"Ready to comply." She said.

"The main base has been found you are to take point and led the JSOC team in to help you take it down. Bring the leader back alive." He said showing her the map.

"Understood sir." She said. Jacqueline got in the truck as the rest of the group got in too. The soldier next to her nodded when he got in then looked at her. She raised an eyebrow at him prompting him to say whatever he was holding in.

"Who is she? And why is there a girl in a war zone?" The soldier asked looking at the others in the truck.

"Killmonger." One of the other soldiers groaned.