I Love You, Okay?

“Why aren't you talking to me?”

“I don't know.”

“Come on!”

“I just don't want to talk to you. I mean, not right now. Gimme some time, okay?”

“But i want to talk to you! Come on!”

“I'm telling you, please. Do not bother me or else...”

“Or else?”

“OR ELSE I'LL DO SOMETHING STUPID!”

“Oh, something stupid. Like what? Do it. Come on!”

“GO. AWAY.”

“No, i'm not. We're best friends, and i'm practically supposed to bother you. That's my right.”

“Listen.” She blinked firmly. “Please, just leave me alone right now. I plead.” It clearly took a lot off her.

“Why would i? I wouldn't. Not until you tell me what's wrong.”

“Nothing.”

“Okay, listen. I met this girl today. In the central park? Does that sound cheesy? But i don't care. So, yeah. I met her and she's--oh, my God--the most beautiful girl--”

She cut him off. “Shut up!” she shouted.

“Oh, my God, Bella. What's wrong?”

“I'm so hurt, okay? SO hurt. I can't take it anymore.”

“Hey, shh. What's wrong? Tell me.”

He tried to take her into his embrace but she shrugged him off, pushing him away with the help of her hands over his chest, with all the force that she could apply.

He was stunned. “That's not fair.”

“Nothing is.” And she broke down.

He ran to take her into his embrace, again, and this time she gave in, relaxing into his arms. “Shhh. It's alright.”

“No, it's not, dammit.”

“You know, you look so cute crying.”

“Don't.”

“Don't, what?”

“Don't you dare call me cute!” All business on her face.

“Bella?” He broke the hug.

“Hmm?”

“Seriously, tell me what's wrong. I've asked you this for umpteen times. Tell me, now.”

“You really want to know?”

“Of course i haven't been kidding all this time!”

“Okay. So.” She sighed. “So, just please stop mentioning other girls in front of me. We're best friends, right? I don't like it when you try to tell me that you're getting other friends.”

“That's it?”

“No. And stop calling me cute, because...” she trailed off.

“Because what?”

“Because...”

“Because?”

“I LOVE YOU!” she shouted. Giving in, she looked towards the ground. “Okay?”

He began to laugh.

“It's funny? I knew it.”

“Stupid!”

She was too hopeless to stay still, so she turned towards the opposite direction and started to run off, when he shouted from behind.

“I love you, too! Stupid!”

She stopped dead in her tracks and he ran to catch up with her, to hug her. She relaxed in his arms and silently wept, wetting his shirt's shoulder. “I really do,” she whispered. He smiled.

“Me too,” he mouthed.

“Who was that girl, then?” She broke the hug, and now stood in front of him with a complaining look.

He laughed. “That girl? She's a nobody. I just made it up.” She hit him on the chest. “Seriously. I met no one in the park.”

“God! You met me in the park! A nobody, huh?”

“Okay, okay. Ouch. Stop hitting me. It hurts. Remember, the most beautiful girl? You only remember negative things, huh?”

“Umm.” For the first time, she blushed. “Sorry.”

Both laughed, smiled, headed towards another journey.

Together.