Chapter 23: Conference

/Press Conference/

Weiying and Lan Zhan walked side by side as they entered the building where the press conference shall be held.

Lan Zhan remained strictly blank yet calm, while Weiying was waving at the cameras and giving it a charming smile, that made some reporters and cameramen to blush and look away.

Both were now at the stage, facing journalists and reporters, still both remain the same, they did not feel nervous nor scared, after all the scandal was just their little pep talk teasing each other.

Lan Zhan and Weiying stood staring at the people watching them.

"Good evening to you all, I am Lan Wangji of Cloud Lan Inc. and it seems that I have heard a scandal going on between me and this man beside me, and so ask your questions if you please." Surprisingly Lan Xhan said it politely to the politicians with a calm look.

"Who is he? Is he a commoner? what is your relationship? Family or Lover? Is he your friend? What type of person is he? Why are the both of you close? Why isn't he scared of you? Why does he have a happy personality even though your someone who most likely ignore people?" They rained questions at Lan Zhan, it didn't annoy him though, and he spoke truthfully.

"His name is Wei Ying, my bestfriend, also he's no commoner, this man beside me is very important, also we're family...

He's the type of person that think about others before his self...

Both of us, we've always been together at the age of 15, when we were in high school as he stepped in the school grounds, he already violated so many rules...

At first we didn't get along, but soon after there's an incident that happened and that made us start to be close and eventually we became best of friends...

And about his happy personality, he's born with it, since his mother was more like him too...and he's not scared of me cause his shameless..."Lan Zhan blankly said, Weiying was now laughing of how honest Lan Zhan is, and so he took the mic from Lan Zhan and start his speech to the crowd.

"Aiyo...Lan Wangji sit down first" gladly Lan Zhan did as he was told.

"Well as you all already know, I'm Wei Ying, I'm Lan Zhan's bestfriend and it's true that I'm a complete shameless and naughty person...

And yes it's also true that we've always been together since our age of 15...

At first we didn't get along too well since I violated school rules on my first step at the school grounds; I trespassed at the school building late at night since the school gate is already locked, I even bought two liquor and luck wasn't in my side cause Lan Wangji caught me, we even fought and I got angry at him because he broke one of my liquor...

We were like Ice and Fire, whenever I try to befriend Lan err-gege he pushes me away and glares at me, and Lan Huan, his brother just reassures me that Err-gege is really like that, and so I didn't give up.

But then, we're slowly becoming close when an accident happened at the cold stream at the back of our school, me and Wangji fell on a cave under the cold stream and we don't know how to get out, we got stuck there for 2 days worrying my sister and brother even Wangji's brother.

Things happened and our friendship had improved...until...a very big accident happened, which I had gone through comatose for 16 years...and yes it was hard to accept that your bestfriend had gone to comatose, Lan err-gege blamed himself for not protecting me, but no one and neither me blamed him for anything that happened to me.

When I woke up...I tried to hide away from Lan err-gege since I don't want to burden him anymore, but then again luck was never on my side, he caught me and brought me back to our school.

I wanted to ran away, but he keeps on holding me, and so ever since then he didn't let me go as he grew overprotective towards me.

And about the scandal, it's just about teasing each other, there's more to that than all of you would ever know...

But I should tell all of you, me and Lan Wangji aren't a couple..." Ending his speech Weiying gave them his watt smile.

Journalist and reporters were quiet and so with that, they ended the conference early.

/Few Hours Later/

Lan Zhan and Weiying were walking at the park after the conference, good thing no one had seen them where they left to and not even Lan Huan.

"Well that was something..." Weiying smiled while looking at the stars up above the sky.

"Mn. How can they even start a scandal that lowly?" Lan Zhan scoffed making Weiying giggle.

"Just ignore it, it doesn't matter anyway, this is not worst than what we already had gone through..."

"Your right, anyways...are you free tomorrow?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You can come to my office, you can meet that secretary of mine, and I don't know, tease her to death or make her jealous?" Lan Zhan confusingly asked.

"Sure, also is their a place in your office that I can put a big portrait?"

"Yeah, but what's with the portrait?"

"Our portrait actually, you know the painting I've been working on and I don't want you to see?"

"Yeah?"

"That's the one, and I hope you like it..." Weiying said shyly.

"Things that you do are elegant, no one can beat you to it..."

"Thanks, by the way, next week my family will be coming here, and Old man Qiren is gonna come tomorrow hehe..."

"Hmn. What will uncle say if he saw my secretary, he'll be like ' WHO IS THIS WOMAN? WHAT IS SHE WEARING?! ARE YOU TRYING TO SEDUCE MY NEPHEW?! THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN! AREN'T YOU SUPPOSE TO BE TAKING CARE OF WEIYING?! FOR SHAME! AND HERE I THOUGHT I RAISED YOU WELL!' like that as if I'll choose a woman over my Weiying right Weiying?" Lan Zhan mimicked, Weiying didn't answer worrying Lan Zhan.

"Hey, something wrong?" That's when he saw Weiying blushing really hard.

"Nothings wrong, it's just that your being too flattery..."

"Can't help it, but really, what would my uncle say?"

"Let's just see tomorrow..."

Both walked away, not noticing that someone was watching them from afar...

"I'll see you again soon Senior Wei hahahaha!" The person laughed evilly then someone tapped him from behind.

"Honey do you really have to do that? Also what are your plans with my nephew?" Another person with a calming and sweet personality asked the first person which is his lover.

"Babe it's for sound effect purposes, and...wait Senior Wei is your nephew?"

"Mn. So don't try doing anything to him..."

"I won't I just wanna have a chat with him, also I want you to accompany me when I'll meet him, Hanguang-Jun traumatized me once, cause he was protecting Senior Wei, he cut my arms off..." the man said trembling.

"Honey, it's because your being a bad guy, so try and be the good guy for once ok? And I also want to see my nephew..."

"Mn. We'll meet him soon."