Chapter 5: A Talk of Connection

"Yes way, to be honest I--" but before Yuan can even continue, his phone rang so he went outside the teachers lounge making his co-workers feel impatient.

/Outside the teachers lounge/

Yuan picked up his phone and started to talked to the person at the other line, little did he know his co-workers and students are trying to pry over the phone call.

"Hey..."

"It's been a while right?"

"Heh, yeah, the last time we've talk was when all things had cleared up and you accompanying me back home...I really miss you..."

"I missed you too, I heard you went with Lan Gongzi? But seems to me that he's back with Wei Gongzi, they look happy."

"You know Senior Wei and my father, both can't be always apart."

"Truly, but when will you go back home? I'd like us to meet and at least have sometime together."

"Semesters for this month are almost over, and it looks like Principal Zhuo had plans up his sleeves, and I think things are going to be pretty weird..."

"Don't think too much, take a rest once in a while will you? You finally graduated an--" the people who're trying to pry didn't heard the continuation for that since Yuan planned to eat his lunch under a tree inside campus.

"Do you think that's his lover?"

"Not so sure...I mean it's a guy..."

"Don't you guys think Professor Yuan are into guys?"

"Maybe that's his boyfriend?"

"Let's not jump into conclusions so suddenly..."

"I mean, the way they both talk to each other, the person is definitely Professor Yuan's lover"

"He must be! They talk like couples with a long distance relationship!"

"Yeah...no, let's just leave it be...we might look like stalkers if we continue this."

/Meanwhile/

Back on teaching classes for the afternoon, some of Yuan's students still want to know who that person he was talking to.

Apparently Minghui was still into the story Yuan had told earlier at the teachers lounge.

"Professor Yuan, Do you know the story that Professor Ying once told us?" Yuan gave a look of confusion.

"What story? May I know what it is?"

"Its the story of The Yiling Patriarch of Lotus Cove"

Yuan went silent...but suddenly smiled.

"Yes I know of that story...what do you wanna know about it? Had a question in mind?"

Minghui was hesitant at first but still go with it.

"What's the relation Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian have? I mean yeah...they know each other's feelings, each other's secrets...but to me, why do both of them still hiding something that, that might end their friendship? It's just confusing, I also feel like, I want both of them to be more than there is..." Minghui pouted cutely as he makes some whining noises.

"Your not the only one who thinks like that, once I heard the full story of the Yiling Patriarch, I was in the verge of tears, the relationship Hanguang-Jun and Yiling Patriarch share is definitely a treasure, but there are rumors that both parties had a mutual understanding..." Yuan said with a grin, all the students gasp and started to listen to him.

"How can you be so sure?" Haojun this time asked.

"Haven't you thought in your minds that maybe...just maybe the Cloud Recesses is real? Like as in the real deal? If in this generation Hanguang-Jun and Yiling Patriarch are still alive? That the cultivation world still exists?" Yuan shot many question.

"I have...and I mean Talismans are real, and devices that avert evil spirits are made from the early generations, it's possible that Cultivation existed that time, and I know Wen Haojun know of that too..." Jian Xuanyin shared his thoughts.

Everyone stared at Haojun as he sighed. "Care to share?" Yuan asked.

"Well, this isn't really the first time I heard of a story about Cultivators and all, my Grandmother shared a story too...but instead of the story of the Yiling Patriarch, it's the story of the downfall of Wen clan of Qishan in nevernight..." Haojun said with a frown and Yuan noticed this.

"Are you disappointed? That your surname shares the same surename that is one of the downfall of Qishan sect?"

"Not really, since the Wen's are prideful and selfish...I'm nothing like that..."

"I know that A-Hao, have you ever thought that maybe the Downfall of the Wen Clan of Qishan is somewhat connected with the story of The Yiling Patriarch?"

"Yes...they are connected...Professor Ying might not mentioned who's actually at fault of the death of Jiang Clan's Jiang Cheng's Parents and Shijie, but I know it's the Wen Clan, they also brought so much pain to Wei Wuxian, they blamed him for their deaths....but Hanguang-Jun stayed by his side, fought with him along side even if his reputation had been destroyed just being near the Yiling Patriarch...I love their chemistry, and the protectiveness they have within each other." A tear fell from A-Hao's eyes that's when Yuan hugged the crying boy which made the rest of the students felt warm, it's like Yuan was the second version of Weiying.

"Tears that fall from someone's eyes, made by a story that is told my many people, a story that can make both strangers connected, a heartwarming story that can make anyone smile or cry."