The feeling of haunted

•Loki's POV•
I don't know what prompted me. I just somehow decided that I wanted to got to the Avengers Facility again.
I used a cloak from Asgard, as winter had been approaching and it was bitterly cold outside.

I stopped at the sanctum, as I had been walking for a few hours and it was getting dark.

And that was the only place around that seemed familiar.

It was completely silent when I walked in. So silent to the point that I was aware of my own breathing.

It was cold and dark, everything feeling like an Abandon house.
Well, I guess it was an abandoned house.

I slowly and tiredly walked in as I felt the floorboards underneath my feet creak and groan.
As I walked to the center of the floor, I saw a small speaker, a phone, and two Atarri flashback controllers sitting on the ground where me and strange had left them.

I guess he never cleaned it up.
I tapped on the top of the phone, it flashed on and I saw the background had been changed to a picture of me.

I was smiling.
I hadn't done that in two months.

But the Spotify playlist hadn't changed. It was still paused to play the song 'Africa' by TOTO, still paused to the middle of the song.

I tapped on the play button to hear the music again.
The speaker it was playing from was distorted for a second, then played to song normally.

As I heard the chorus chime and eco through the empty building, I felt myself drop to the ground with my arms wrapped around my head.

I wanted to scream.
We was actually gone.
He's not coming back.
Ever.

I stopped myself from screaming.
I just quietly sobbed into the floor, hitting it with my weak fist.

After what felt like an hour of just silently sobbing, I eventually cried myself to sleep.
I dropped on my side and just lightly grunted, feeling my heavy eyes close.