Squelch

"Some wedding night." Lydia scoffed. "Welp, you have to take care of his hangover. None of this," she waved her hand in the general area where Beetlejuice was laying "-was my fault, therefore, it's not my problem."

"Oh please, I distinctly remember you daring me to chug that vodka. As for the rest, I dunno." Beetlejuice grumbled, sleep still lacing his words as he shifted around, eventually sitting up to tiredly snake one of his arms around your waist protectively. "It's your word against mine, Stinkbug." She scrunched up her nose and frowned as if his movement released a new smell "God and I thought your natural smell was bad. The alcohol and bile are not a welcomed addition. Please go have a shower, you absolute heathen."

Lydia grabbed her book and headed up the stairs leaving you two alone once more. You turned your head slightly to greet Beetlejuice. He wordlessly kissed your shoulder. It was your turn to shift around to meet him. He was slumped and looked almost as exhausted and weak as you looked back in the Netherworld. You gently pulled him into a hug and while he didn't repeat the action of wrapping his arms around you, he willingly leant into you and sighed as you cradled him in your arms. You couldn't quite tell if it was a sigh of exhaustion, relief or one where he was just appreciating your touch. You chalked it up to the latter.

Holding him like that for a couple moments longer, Beetlejuice finally rumbled out an "It feels like this is the first time I've seen you in ages." You laughed through your nose "You've only been asleep for a couple hours."

Beetlejuice sluggishly moved out of your touch to face you, "Yeah, I'm not used to living time. It's way slower to me. It's like a writer wrote a story about us and never added onto it for a solid while and are only now realising they should continue it."

You quirked your brow as you uttered a "What?"

"Nothing- It doesn't matter. What matters is that you're here with me." He smiled before gesturing to beside him "-Along with this bucket because I think I'm going to eject my liver outta my body via a barrage of vomit. It used to be a fun party trick but now seems like something I should be concerned about happening."

Your eyes widened "Is it going to happen right now?" Beetlejuice touched his stomach as if thinking about how his body was feeling in that moment "It's going to happen soon." You gasped and jumped up, pulling on his arm to get him up too, "THEN FORGET THE BUCKET WE NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM." You quickly escorted him towards the toilet so he could get all of last night's regrets out of him.

~~~

Beetlejuice had been in the bathroom for an excruciating hour and a half. At some point, you couldn't keep sitting idly by to give him comfort by stroking his back because the pungent smell of bile had become an unbearable scent that assaulted your nostrils. No amount of air ventilation or spray could defuse its strength and it was taking an awful toll on you. So, you just sat outside to give him support...from a distance. You leant against the door listening in on the violent guttural retches he made into the toilet bowl.

Even though this was the consequence of how much he ate and drank, you still ached when hearing him in such sickening distress.

Occasionally Delia and Charles would check in to get updates on him. Charles would just pat you on the back and say he'll get better but funnily enough, Delia seemed to be scarily prepared for this as she would come back to you multiple times with a plethora of medicines each with a different purpose to assist in a hangover. She'd just throw in a "Yeah I like using natural remedies and all, but I've had enough hangovers to know that some herbs just won't cut it."

Barbara seemed to be more attuned to the natural solutions herself as she skittishly passed by. "I haven't exactly experienced something like this, but when I used to get a stomach sickness a ginger and lemon tea would do wonders."