Jailbird

A/N - Hey! Wow two chapters in one day this is unlike me! Anyways, I wanted to let you guys know I'm incorporating a new completely new character since I was running low on characters. Let me know if you like them or not. Cheers!

~~~

You woke up to a strong smell of dirt and copper. The ground you were laying on was cold and damp. Its rough rocky surface was course against your exposed skin so when you shifted even in the slightest would graze you. Your eyes were crusted shut as you assumed you were crying at some point, but you couldn't remember. It was only confirmed when you felt your lower eyelids burned and ached when you forced yourself to wrench them open.

It took you a couple tries to lift yourself since your splitting headache was begging you to fall back down to your original position. Your vision was hazy and slightly blurred even when you rubbed them. They bludgeoned you hard, didn't they? You skimmed your hand over where you were hit and felt a dry crustiness around the impact. Pulling your hand way to examine it you saw the dried fragments of blood were transferred onto your fingers. That would explain the copper smell.

Your clothes were ruined beyond compare. The dirt mixed with the water patches on the ground seeped into your outfit forming large stains on the side of your body where they dumped you. As for where they dumped you, you looked around a cell that was lined with the same rocky surface on the walls and ceiling, a rusty basin in the corner accompanied with a toilet, and open area lined with hardy metal bars and a stained dirty bed on the opposite side which they didn't consider to place you on.

It was safe to say that you felt like absolute shit... in an absolute shit hole.

The only light source was emanating from beyond your confinements so you wobblily headed over, wrapping your hands around the bars as you strained to peer down the hall. You could hardly see what was down the illuminated hall beside the flickering ceiling lights for the make-shift catwalk.

How long where are they going to keep you here? Were they going to feed you something? You haven't eaten anything for hours. Even then, time seemed irrelevant. With no outside source of natural light, you had no indication how long you were passed out. Maybe this was your punishment? Starvation in a damp hole so you could haunt this cell for all eternity. No one is here to witness your last moments, be here to listen to all your secrets and you wanted to admit, dreams you never got to accomplish, a life you wanted to live. Charles and Delia are going to come back to their house to find out their babysitter got fucking thrown into the gates of hell with Lydia in hysterics.

You felt a panic attack coming about as your body shook and you started to cry violently. You pushed yourself back towards the bed and threw yourself on it, making strangled, gurgling noises amongst your wails as you tried to breathe. You didn't belong here! You didn't do anything wrong!

Your body convulsed from the incessant sobs that you had no control over. You curled yourself up in a small ball to bring any form of warmth and comfort you could muster for yourself. You retched from how your crying exacerbated in its intensity.

You felt so alone and afraid. You wanted someone's company...anyone's company. Not just the darkness of this cell.

.

.

.

"Hello!"

You froze all the thoughts that were bouncing around your mind and laid there for a moment in silence. Did someone just say hello to you?

"You're Y/N L/N? Correct?"

Their petite female voice resonated in the room and you shot up. There on the other side of the cell stood a girl a little bit older than you in a simple brown pencil skirt and white shirt. She had saturated blue skin and a navy-blue hair that was slicked back neatly into a tight ponytail.