Questions leading to more questions

A/N Hey so I decided I wasn't going to include nsfw because it clashed too much with the story. Sorry to those who were expecting it, this chapter is pretty tame! 

~~~

"Oh, Lawrence!!" you squealed in delight. You yanked him closer to you, forcing him to climb onto the bed and straddle you because of the small bed frame barely able to fit you both.

"I've been waiting for you to summon me for AGES! Took ya long enough!" He cackled.

You laid back down, looking up at him and retorting "Well how was I supposed to know I was still able to? They said this place was on lock down! I assumed they thought of everything to prevent you from getting to me."

You could barely make out Beetlejuice's form, the light being cast through the window hardly provided anything for you to see him completely, but you did notice his pearly grin that gleamed at you. "Boo, nothing could prevent me from seeing you." he murmured, that coarse voice rumbling in his throat as he leant down and placed a deep affectionate kiss on your lips. He only moved away to nuzzle between the crook of your shoulder and head, his stubble tickling the sensitive areas, as he grazed up and down, breathing in your scent and rambling sweet nothings in your ear that you could scarcely pick up on.

You ran your fingers through his hair, lightly snorting at his cuteness and how he was tickling your neck. But that feeling ended as soon as it began when you now started to have the familiar sensation of his cold lips pecking at your skin.

You started to feel that heat you felt when you two were on the roof as Beetlejuice began to fumble with the zipper on your prisoner suit, slowly tugging it down, while his other hand was perched near your head – essentially trapping you on the bed, like his very own bodily cage. You could feel him snickering against your skin as he thought he was finally going to continue what he started last...but you knew you had to talk to him first.

"Hey Beej, hang on." You said softly, hands pushing his chest away as he began to lift himself from your neck.

Beetlejuice made a pouting face, as you propped yourself up with your elbows. "I need to know. The audits said you had-in-fact gone somewhere...who were you visiting?"

Beetlejuice's face twisted in shock and pain as he shot upwards and hit his head on the upper bunk.

He rubbed his head in an irritated manner "Ugh, mood killer."

You glared at Beetlejuice "I'm serious. Whoever it was, they are the reason I'm stuck in here, so you better tell me who."

Beetlejuice made a straight line with his lips. "Ok, so remember a fare while ago when I left at the end of the movie marathon we had, and I was gone for the night?"

"...Yeah. We were all wondering where you had gone." You said slowly.

"Well, I had gone to that little dweeb's house. Y'know - that one snotty-nose fucker who was dressed as a pirate at that party? I just wanted to scare him a little. To make sure that he'd learn not to mess with you or Lydia. It turns out he had been recording my whole haunting stunt and one thing led to another blah blah blah things got out of hand and now we're here."

You sat up fully now, dumbfounded. "So, they arrested me under false pretences...?"

Beetlejuice shook his head "Well... it turns out my mom was the first to catch on to what had happened and thought she could get her revenge for me "killing her" by insinuating that this was your fault because she knew I cared about you."

"...That's why you didn't say anything." You muttered.

The cell fell silent. Awkwardly so.

You nervously rubbed your arms "At least I can tell my caseworker that asshole is to blame, and maybe I can be released? I doubt there'll be a reason to go to court if Juno abused the evidence like that. I'm surprised they didn't interrogate me first."

Beetlejuice shrugged "They like to have swift justice around here. None of that "let's examine the suspects" bullshit. Although, it probably would have been a sensible thing to do, heh."

Another wave of silence came about at you struggled to think of what to say.

...

Your voices both broke the stillness of the room as you both stiffly burst out "How's Lydia?" and "Marry me." At the same time.

"What?" you both said in unison.

You scoffed in disbelief. "Did you just ask me to marry you?"

Beetlejuice folded his arms "Yeah, and so what if I did?" he poked his tongue out at you. "A reason or explanation would be nice??" you said exasperatedly and sitting up straight, as Beetlejuice fully got off you, getting on one knee, closing his eyes and in the most terrible British accent he exclaimed,

"Oh~ shall I name the ways your beauty exudes? How you effortlessly captivate me? How I adore you with every fibre of my being? How your provocation in even the smallest of actions, gives me the most zealous of boners?" he grabbed your hand and you pulled away, laughing at his antics.

He bounced back down into a crossed leg position, breaking away from the charade to continue, "Y/N I was thinking about it. This could be a really good thing! It would cover the registration as it's plenty of legal documentation to counter it and Lydia said you were worried about the whole dating scenario in public settings – but it should be fine since I'll be alive and visible!" he made grand motions with his hands as his eyes shone in the dark. He was really into this concept.

"Oh my god, she told you that--" You said face palming in embarrassment and guiltiness.

"No, I thought that was understandable. You'd look fucking mental holding hands and talking to thin air. It'd be funny as fuck, though." He made a loud snort thinking about it as you rolled your eyes.

"Besides I think the best part is the fact that,"

And as he said each word he was about to utter; Beetlejuice had leaned down to kiss the exposed areas of where he had unzipped in a tender motion.

"...You - won't – have – to – feel – my – cold – dead – lips – instead – you'll – feel – warm – living – ones." Beetlejuice finally leaned back up to see you with stars in your eyes at his touches.

But all your thoughts about the prospect came rushing back to you with a punch of reality along with it. "Humbug, that's super ...enticing – and I care about you a lot, but the thing is, you're marrying me for legal reasons alongside everything else and... well... I've only known you for a day or so. Had it not been for the time difference, we had just gotten together."

Beetlejuice wasn't going to give up just yet "Think of it as a head start to our relationship! Sure, we'll have the title of husband and wife, but it would be so much easier if I was alive with you. And while you've only known me for a short time, I've been in love with you for far longer."

You went quiet and Beetlejuice slouched slightly, almost hurt. "I'll – give you some time to mull it over." He said and before you could say "Beej – wait-!" he was gone from your cell.

Alone again.