Classic charmer~

"I've only known you for a few hours, so this is me shooting in the dark here, but do you want to go out sometime? Perhaps to a movie or dinner – wait won't it look like I'm talking to myself in a public setting if he's invisible?"

You turned to Lydia in your car seat as she sighed "We'll worry about that later!! You need to ask him out first!" you groaned into the steering wheel your hands hooked around. You had been parked in the driveway for the past half an hour practising with Lydia on how you were going to confront Beetlejuice. "How about we just keep this under wraps until I get to know him better. I know he knows plenty about me but-" Lydia firmly interrupted you "Nuh-uh! You're not backing away, Y/N, so help me god. He's been driving everyone crazy please just indulge him, so we don't have to hear his whining. I'm going to have an aneurism if I must sit through another one of his sulking-sessions. Last time he banged his head on the wall for a solid HOUR when he heard you "showed interest in someone else" it was pathetic."

You paused for a moment "SO THAT WAS THE NOISE I HEARD WHEN I WAS TRYING TO WATCH THE TV WHEN I LAST CAME OVER. I WAS TALKING ABOUT A FICTIONAL CHARACTER!" you and Lydia laughed extremely hard at the memory. When you two eventually calmed down you took a deep breath and stepped out the car, striding to the house.

Upon entering you noticed three things: the house was pitch black, the air hung an indisputable chill and it was quiet. Eerily so. You looked at Lydia when she caught up to you with confusion and slight concern as she reflected similarly. You took the initiative of walking in first as your steps were light and carefully planned as you manoeuvred into the darkness. "Lydia did you have anything to do with this??" You whisper, not completely sure on where she was standing in the main room. "No, I don't know what's going on..." Lydia seemed to be somewhere behind you, but you weren't definite where you were at that moment. The door shut when you got inside so you were left in the void with only Lydia's voice filling it. You tried to stumble your way over to the couch from memory, but it seemed to be failing you because you noticed it has taken you a lot more steps to get to it than it was required. Beyond the sirens going off in your brain that you should be worried about your current predicament, you were almost frustrated that after all this time, you STILL didn't know your way around this place. You were so sure in yourself that the couch was right around here, yet you haven't bumped into it. However, your thoughts came to a screaming halt as did you, when you realised that the reason why you hadn't found the couch was that the COUCH WASN'T THERE. That's when something collided into you. And it wasn't the couch.

Something firm but soft at the same time? It wasn't couch-shaped that's for sure. Your hands wandered over the form as nervousness rippled across your skin. Strange texture too but it was oh so familiar and once you reached up the presumed body's neck did you feel the scratchiness of stubble and figure out who it was.

A deliciously gruff groan came out as he spoke lowly, his chest rumbling against your own due to the proximity, as you imagined his eyes locked onto you. "As much as I'm liking you feeling me up right now, I have something else planned." One of his icy hands gently grabbed onto your hip whilst the other clasped your hand, holding it up between you. "Lawrence? I can't dance..." you squeaked quietly. He seemed to go silent when he heard you use his first name although you weren't sure if he was happy that you referred to him that way or not. You smiled thinking that he was blushing like a madman right now, but you brushed the thought off as he answered you. "You don't need to know; the fact I'm holding you right now is more than enough. Just follow my lead, Cupcake."

Beetlejuice stomped his foot on the ground as the room lit up in a mesmerising mix of orange and magenta as the lights seem to be twisting, curling and stretching across the walls as if making the house seem alive. The bright vibrancy of the room almost distracted you from the fact the furniture was floating near the ceiling hence why you didn't walk into any blasted things in the first place. As soon as Beetlejuice swept you into a waltzing motion across the make-shift dance floor, did the music follow suit. A classy vintage song seemed to be playing from nowhere but managed to sound like it was coming from all directions. You laughed in delight as he began to whisk you around the room, swirling you to and fro with ease as you tried and failed to keep up with him, often stumbling trying to catch up to his rhythmical movements. Well apparently, someone noticed your plight because you suddenly started to dance quite effortlessly with Beetlejuice. Possession.

Round and round you went as you eased into his touch, something that was meant to be a short moment felt like an eternity that you didn't want to cease. You looked up at your dance partner only melting your heart more. Beetlejuice was staring longingly at you, a soft smile against the stark contrast of his appearance. Who knows how long he has been staring at you since the two of you started twirling? Nevertheless, you gave him a gleaming smile back which he took as an opportunity to do his next little trick. The two of you slowly started floating up, still spinning as if there was a floor beneath you. You let out a small wail of surprise as you clung onto him closer which he was completely okay with. You ultimately got used to being off the ground to appreciate the magical moment as the song was slowly reaching to an end. As you sunk back down with him onto the floor Beetlejuice spun you one last time as he followed it up with dipping you as he dared to inch near your lips, your warm lively breathing only enticing him more to actually close the gap, but his plans were foiled when Lydia, Barbara and Adam came into view clapping and cheering. He pulled you up begrudgingly due to their untimely entrance as the furniture around you began to float back down from their suspended spots, as well.Adam cheerily spoke "That was great! You had no idea how long it took to plan this!" Lydia nudged him as Barbara added "You're a great dancer, Y/N!" with an exaggerated wink. So, they assisted in this. Possession and all. It was cute how oblivious they were to Beetlejuice's clear annoyance. "Way to go to ruin the romantic mystery I was trying to achieve." He huffed. Barbara and Adam protested that "she would appreciate the extensive work involved" and how they "deserved some credit since he had them help for the past eight hours on this" which caused him to be both flustered and embarrassed which furthered the bickering even more but you didn't care, you were too starstruck about the dance prior. Oh no, you've definitely fallen for this bastard--