The Whole "Being Alive" Thing

"I doubt he'll be happy to hear we're postponing his second necromancing but I'm sure he'll understand." You said getting up from the dining room chair. "I'll talk to him about it. Is he still here?" you said looking back at Lydia.

"Oh yeah, I saw him earlier he seemed to be running around with Barbs and Adam around the house talking about the roof for some reason? Maybe he's there." Lydia said perching her head in her hand.

"God it's like every rendezvous I have with him is on the roof now. Alright, I'm going to check, thanks for the help Lyds." You said as you began to make your way up the stairs.

~~~

At first, the meeting up on the roof was a cute and romantic concept, now it's just a hassle. You snagged your shirt on some bent metal during your climb and tore your shirt much to your growing dismay. "Ugh, why didn't I just summon him it would have been so much easier—"

As you climbed up on the roof you were almost glad you didn't, because you saw the most amazing sight. The roof was expanded, it was like parts of the roof had shifted and transformed in a way that would allow for plenty of flattened out walking space. Above you were soft wispy floating orbs that shone and glided about carelessly like fireflies and fairy lights that hung across the open sky, seemingly attached to nothing, but crisscrossed along the area of the roof's expanse. You saw off to the side there was a literal rooftop bar accompanied by stools. Behind the wall of the bar which had a variety of bright and glowing drinks of alcohol you've never seen before hung a goofy led sign that almost looked like it was made by Beetlejuice with how messy it was as it flashed 'DRINKS ARE ON THE HOUSE~' "Yeah no fucking kidding." You laughed lightly at the joke.

You looked below your feet to see an outstretched black and white carpet that spaned down a walkway of sorts as black pews lined each side like a makeshift church aisle. There were wilted white and violet lily bouquets that hung on the sides of each pew, along with more wilted petals scattered along the carpet to the end which you saw a large flower arch and a structure in the middle for a marriage officiant.

You saw Barbara and Adam with clipboards scrawling things down as Beetlejuice was babbling on about what you presumed were wedding plans as he munched on a bug.

"How the hell am I supposed to tell him we can't get married now..." You mumbled to yourself.

Beetlejuice pulled a toothpick out his pocket getting out an odd bug leg wedged in his teeth as he turned to see you. "OH! HEY BOO! ~" He cooed.

Beetlejuice ran towards you and went to dip you, going in for a kiss. "Woah! Woah! Hey, Beetlebreath, save it for the wedding!" you said pushing him away.

Beetlejuice scratched the back of his head "Hah, sorry about that! I'm just so excited. What d'you think of the venue? I thought since I'm gonna lose my demonic powers I might as well go out with a bang by using them to make this wedding! I also thought this would be the perfect place to set this up! I mean it's pretty poetic how it's the place we became a couple and also the place we'll be bounded for life." he stood beside you now, pulling you closer by your waist as he gestured to the area around the two of you.

"Beetlejuice..." you said with a pain in your voice.

Beetlejuice didn't pick up on your tone as he continued "I also found the wedding costumes for Lydia and my wedding way-back-when. They're still good besides the hole in mine when I was impaled, I just wanted to know if you were fine with reusing assets, or if you wanted something different. I want this to be special after all. Low-key I think using them a second time would be tacky and uh... extremely awkward."

"Beetlejuice." You repeated more firmly.

"That's my name, don't wear it out."

"BEETLE-" you went to yell frustratedly only for Beetlejuice to swiftly put his hand on your mouth to muffle you. "Ah, Ah, Ah! Lydia already summoned me today. You don't want to send me back to the Netherworld, do you?"