Aze-The Demon ShopKeep

~This dream had me feeling super weird when I woke up. The main guy, Aze (Azz) looks like Rin Okumura (right) and Staz (left) mixed with a bit of Dan from Dav VS (below). and I couldn't help but write it out with some improvised situations. I might just turn it into a fanfiction of one of the shows I don't know yet though~

"Come on Raina you can get it!" My little cousin Rolland shouted with glee as I played with an obviously rigged claw machine

"Come on Raina you can get it!" My little cousin Rolland shouted with glee as I played with an obviously rigged claw machine. My family was having a reunion in the back of this old antique shop on the division line. This line extends through three towns, it's where demons and humans can be together in peace. Some 'crossbreed' and form families. Others open shops such as this antique shop we were in.

"Look we have the coin with the birds' feet on it!" Little cousin Amelia smiled showing her treasure to her twin Saara. I started swinging the claw in the machine back and forth and it dropped down grabbing some of the small prizes then dropping them into the prize slot. Ro pulled out the candy and split it with the two girls.

"Alright Feniks' gather in." The elder of our family spoke up. "It's time we pass our heirlooms onto the next fertile generation. They will then decide what direction this family will take." His hair grayed, eyes once pure red dulled with age, he was a demon, but he had fallen in love with a human having half and half offspring. The table were I now sat squeaked a bit as I stood up. I gathered the bird coins from the five families. The bird head, the feet, right-wing, left-wing, and the body of the bird. I took them up to the elder. As I held my hand out to give them to him, he placed his hand over mine closing my fingers on the coins.

"Raina, it is now your turn to decide the fate of our clan. Do we stay as a demon human love or will you set the bloodline back to 'normal' by marrying a human?" I looked up to him.

"I don't want that responsibility. I don't even want to marry. I don't even have a boyfriend!"

"Hush child. It is your destiny. Don't be scared. Everything will work out." He embraced me in a hug. I didn't know the elder very well, I knew he was a full demon, a dangerous one at that, but his love for a human woman, my grandmother, was enough to turn the tables for all of demon and humankind. My mother is half-human and my father is a little over half-human, so, I'm pretty much human. But growing up and having a family that is part demon, they don't really scare me. I placed the coins in my pocket taking my seat again. The elder went on about or traditions and why this reunion was important. I spaced out looking at the door to the antique shop. As the festivities for the night came to a close I left the back room to wander the shop. Rolland ran passed me and left out the front door. I smirked following him.

"Ro what are you doing?" I asked as he hid the van his parents brought.

"I'm hiding from bigger demons, Tiana said they like to eat little things, and I'm quite little." He popped his head out of the back window for a second.

"Ro, we are on the Line. The demons here are trying to make peace and live a life without conflict, well for the most part anyway."

"I know but I'm still scared, we live on the demon side so it's normal, ok Raina." He stressed I gave him a small giggle, almost forgetting where I lived. I lived on the line, I didn't know how it was to live with all demons or with all humans, I headed back into the shop. I walked up to the red oak countertop peering down into the glass case. There were rings and jewelry fit for a king. On the other side was coins. Hmm. The shopkeeper walked over to me. He wasn't very tall, probably the same height as me or maybe taller. His short hair in need of a trim shimmered black, eyes green, he had a small scab right above his lip in the right side from possibly a cut or a pimple-popping gone wrong. My heart fluttered a bit. Was he a demon or a human? He certainly didn't have any demon features, horns, claws, wings, that sort of thing.