Scene 9 - Incoming

It is now a desperate situation. The sludge thickens, growing slower and slower by the second. It drips and runs and slips down the hills and growing through the trees and forests and bushes, engulfing and absorbing anything it comes in to contact with – infecting it with its poisonous toxins. It runs down and down and down. The Terrahawk crafts begin circling the area, watching the nightmare run down towards the city of London.

Mary:

There's nothing that can stop it! There's nothing that can stop it!

Ninestein:

I'm not beaten yet!

Mary:

Tiger, there is nothing that can defend the city from it!

Ninestein:

I know that! Colonel Johnson reported that a full-scale evacuation would be impossible. And I doubt that even the closest town will be able to evacuate in time. Kate, can you see any obstruction on your side of things to slow this thing down?

Kate Kestrel:

Afraid not Tiger!

Hawkeye:

If this thing spreads over the city then what will happen to the people and the state of the city?

Mary:

Then London will be left as a radioactive city of toxic slime. And so will its people.

Kate Kestrel:

The slime is getting closer to the city, we're running out of options. We need to get rid of it and fast!

Zeroid 99:

Ah, well, I would imagine, seeing that this thing comes underground, or that's where it originally was left, or well, came from, we could put it back there?

Ninestein:

That's it! That's it! We burrow it back underground again! I'm taking her down! Kate, you need to spray that hole shut before any more is allowed to escape!

Kate Kestrel:

10-10 Tiger!

Hawkwing swings around and flies back towards Radlett. Meanwhile, Battlehawk lands on the steep ground, on the hill with a higher descent further up, where the slime begins dribbling down. It is coming!

Mary:

Tiger, that stuff is coming, quick!

Ninestein:

Engaging rocket blasters!

The stationary Battlehawk blasts its engines so the fire of the rocket engines begins burning the through the ground and the grass.

Mary:

What are you doing?

Ninestein:

That slime comes from underground, and it will run down to the lowest level – back underground!

Mary:

But if that slime runs into us!

Ninestein:

That's a chance I'm willing to take! Maximum boost! Just hang in their Mary!

The rocket engines blast even more powerfully! Hawkwing has rushed back to Radlett and the toxic sludge still pours out and out and out.

Kate Kestrel:

Firing foam canisters!

At the bottom of the craft, six large metal containers launch out and crash to where the hole lies. They expand and explode together; the foam being released out above the hole. It freezes up and the sludge finally stops. No more was being released.