Chapter 9: Dark Knight

Start from the beginning

''Where are we going?'' I ask in a quiet tone, but came out more like a whisper.

I see him smiling with satisfaction, and even if he is trying to play it off, I know it's because he finally heared me talk on my own.

''Somewhere safe'' he responds. ''You trust me, right?''

I nod and he smiles again.

Please don't do that. My heart can't take it.

''Why were you there?'' he asks, after a few moments.

The question takes me by surprise, although I should have wait for it. I mean I want to ask the same thing but I'm too anxious.

''Um..I-I'' Fuck. Don't stutter now.

'' I w-was looking for someone.''

''Yeah? Who?''

''My friend.''

Zoey right. Wait...the girl!

I panic thinking about the foreign girl we left behind.

''The girl. There was a girl in the garage. She was unconscious.'' I speak fast, my voice full of anxiety.

''Calm down. I took care of it. Ethan will take her to the hospital.''

Ethan.

The driver, his friend from the cinema. That's why he sounded so familiar.

I exhale relieved. ''Thank God, I didn't want to leave her behind.''

''You know her?'' he asks.

''No, I found her there when I was looking for my friend. But I wouldn't let something happen to her.''

He gently smiles at my response, while silence fills the space.

I glance at him biting my lips. A nervous habit I can't get rid of.

''Go ahead. Ask.'' He says, eyes fixed on the road.

''Umm...what were you doing there?'' I ask quietly.

''Ethan called me. He said there was a problem and they needed my help.''

I don't know why, but I feel like he is not telling me the whole truth.

''So...are you..''

''What?'' he raises an eyebrow.

I open my mouth to speak, but his phone interrupts us.

''Hello?'' he says.

I stare at him observing his features.

He stays silent and looks at me with the corners of his eyes. His grip on the wheel tightens for a moment, while clenching his jaw.

I've no idea what they are saying, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with me.

''OK, see you soon.''

With that he closes the phone, eyes straight ahead on the road.

''Is everything alright?'' I ask hesitant.

''The girl is ok. Ethan said that she is not in danger. As long as, the drug she took comes out of her system, she is not going to have a problem.''

''That's a relief. And she didn't take the drug, they gave it to her.'' I simply reply, which looks like it took him of guard. But he doesn't say anything.

A few minutes later the car comes to a halt and I start looking around.

We are in the middle of nowhere. Literally.

I turn and look at him. ''What are we doing here?''

''Don't worry. We're just changing vehicle.'' He reassures me.

I get out of the car gazing my surroundings. My eyes fell on the man in front of me, standing beside a motorcycle. It's his friend. Ethan.

''Hey everything alright?'' My Joker asks.

''Yep. As we agreed.''

''Good. I'll see you later.''

''Take care. And remember what we said.'' He adds briefly looking at me, before he gets in the car and leaves.

''Are you coming?''

I turn and look at him. He is already on top of the motorcycle preparing the engine.

Why is he so hot?

I let my eyes drool over his form. He looks so sexy with the black leather clothes.. I could look at him forever. Especially riding the motorcycle.

He seems so dangerous and charming. I remember Khloe's words.

''He screamed danger...but a sexy one.''

Yep. I'm officially dead.

''Are you afraid?'' he asks and I have to shake my head to wake up for my thoughts.

''N-no'' I respond, coming closer to him.

''Good. Put this on'' he gives me a helmet and I struggle putting my head inside.

Fuck Daphne. Stop embarrassing yourself like that.

''Here, I'll help you.''

I look up waiting for him like a little kid, getting help from its parents.

He secures it under my chin and jumps on the bike.

''Ok climb now.''

He understands this is my first time riding, since I'm looking quite lost.

''Just lean on my shoulders.''

I do what he says and quickly, I'm sitting behind him.

''Now put your hands around my waist.''

I froze for a moment. Seeing my hesitation, he takes my hands rapping them around his torso.

I exhale deeply. In this position I'm pretty sure he can feel my heart beating like crazy. But he doesn't make a comment about it.

''Just hold tight. Ok?''

I nod and the next moment we are riding fast into the darkness.

***

I hope you don't find the story boring guys. I'm trying to take things slow, so you can get to know the characters.

Please keep reading.